Sleepless nights

I frantically searched for my weapon on the ground. Three vamps slowly approaching me. I had already been wounded badly, not listening to Sam and Dean was a bad idea. I felt the handle of the machete and I grabbed a hold of it. I faintly heard a bang in the distance but I ignored it. One of the vamps grabbed my hair and pulled me off the ground. I let put a moan of pain and attempted to fight him off but I was too weak. The other two held my arms as the first one leaned in and took a bite out of my neck.

I shot up with a scream. I looked around. I was in the bunker, safe. My hands were shaking as I felt my neck, where in the dream the vampire had bit me. Nothing. I sighed and felt something move next to me. "Baby? What's going on?" Deans groggy but concerned voice called out. 

I let out a shaky breath before replying. "Nothing. I'm ok, sorry." I felt him shift next to me before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close to him. "It's not nothing if it made you scream. Now tell me." I sighed before realising I was not going to win this. "Bad dream. I was about to die on a hunt. Vamps killed me." I explained. 

Dean laid down, pulling me with him and held me close to his chest, whilst trying to sooth me. "It's ok baby girl. You know I won't let anything hurt you." He kissed the top of my head. I nodded. "I know Dean. I just- I don't know, get panicked and then these dreams through me for a loop." 

Dean nodded and tightened his arms around me. "I'll scare off anything that comes your way that could harm you. It's my job. I will always protect you baby girl." He whispered. I smiled and felt myself relaxing into him. "You sleep now. I'll be here when you wake up." He soothed. 

I heard him start to hum the familiar tune of Hey Jude. 

I smiled, knowing that Dean will always look after me and protect me from my demons. On these sleepless nights, it's good to have a hunter by my side. My Dean. Mine.

A/N: It's just gone 11pm and I'm really tired but I can never sleep and I have had a really tough few days. I apologise that this is kind of crap. I literally just thought of it but I wanted to publish it. I will edit it at some point but not just yet.

Stay safe and stay protected. Protest but peacefully and do all things with kindness.