𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. a morning in hogwarts

viii

viii. a morning in hogwarts

         If you asked Ariel what is the best thing she has ever done in her entire life, she would say waking up in the morning before everyone else and stare at the sunrise horizon, with a cup of coffee or tea. This is what Ariel morning routine is since she figured out that the sunrise helps in calming her nerves down, which is what she always sought for. The cup of tea or a hot black coffee isn't always intentional, but what's wrong with being on the mood for one?

         Waking up before the girl and walking to the nearest window and stare delightedly at the horizon, Ariel's thoughts were looped. From thinking of ways to protect Harry from the things she already knew, and her unknowingly father, to her wand that she didn't know about. It's keeping her puzzled.

         "Good morning." Hermione's warm, sleepy voice grabbed Ariel's attention. "I see you've woke up early . . . way too early."

         "I'm a morning person so don't be surprised when you see me as the first person who wakes up. And good morning to you too." The angel explained. She stood up from the windowsill and starts to get dressed in her Gryffindor's rope for the breakfast in the Great Hall.

         "Someone who likes waking up in the morning, Finally!" She whispered and smiled up at her as she starts getting dressed too. "You know Ariel,"

         "Yes?"

         "How come I never seen your wand? What does it look like?" Hermione wondered. As she gave her back to her new friend, who clearly looked panicked.

         Swallowing hardly, as blood drained into her cheeks, with heat causing it to turn red. Eyes widen like a ball, Ariel began to ramble the random things on her mind, hoping it would make sense. "My wand . . . Um, you see I kinda— kinda forget it at . . . . . Dumbledore's office— Dumbledore's yes, when I went to talk to him last night."

         "Oh, You should go and get it before we head to our classes."

         "Of course. I'll finish breakfast then head my way to his office." She nodded as they both finish dressing up their ropes. Both Ariel and Hermione walked outside their dorm and head to the Great Hall where a small number of students and Professors sat there on their own tables. While waking to the Gryffindor's table, Ariel met eye to eye with Dumbledore. He nodded at her and she understands quickly that she needs to meet him after eating.

         "Good morning Harry, Ron. How was your sleep?" The Guardian angel greeted them as she sat beside Hermione facing the two.