06. when jess met everleigh

Start from the beginning

    That would also be the reason why the two would find themselves in the conversation right now.

     Both situated by the table in Luke's;

    " ━ Blaze seems to like Rory as well," Everleigh points out as both teens watch Rory and Lorelai walk away from the Luke's, "I feel like I'm losing my mind over this and my boyfriend seems to find this amusing."

    A quick idea pops in Lydia's mind and corners of her lips start to twitch upwards. She turns her head back to Everleigh, seeing her nibbling the muffin with fingers and not actually eating it. Her focus on the chocolate muffin as she continues venting on about the Gilmore girl.

     "I bet you, you can't even be nice to Rory for a day." Lydia bets.

    The other girl stops her movements and looks up at the Anderson girl. Pondering over the actual idea, she squints her eyes, " I bet you twenty bucks I can."

    Intrigue starts to appear and Lydia's attention perks up, "Make it a week."

    "You want me to suffer?" Everleigh wonders, one side of her lips lift upwards.

    "I find joy in your pain." Her friend admits.

    "Fine, it's a deal." Everleigh extends her hand from across the table for a shake.

    Not hesitation for a second, Lydia accepts the shake, "Glad to be doing business with you."

━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━

    This was stupid. She no longer liked Lydia. Not one bit.

     Because of her, Everleigh found herself standing on Gilmore doorsteps with a basket full of treats and very annoyed expressions written all over her.

    All because of one stupid bet she agreed on and twenty bucks, asking her for a few hour shift at Luke's could've just covered that but rational decisions beat her to it.

    Ringing the doorbell, she waits for the entrance doors to swing open and not long after they did. She was met with Rory's mother. Lorelai tilts her head quizzically at the teen swaying back and forth in front of her, "Dean's friend, Hi? What are you doing here?"

    She forces a smile onto her face, ignoring the nickname, "Is Rory home?"

    "Yeah, come on in," Lorelai steps aside, allowing her to walk inside the house. Slowly the girl accepts the invite and steps inside. As soon as she steps inside the household and the doors get closed, Lorelai announces, "Rory! Dean's friend is here."

     Everleigh couldn't help herself but to correct, "I've got a name."

    "I know and Everleigh is a beautiful name," The woman says with a wide smile spreading across her face, "I just love seeing you twitch and get annoyed."

    Everleigh lifts her eyebrows at that, "I'm so glad my suffering gives you joy."

    "I'm so glad to be at your service," Lorelai curtsies and Everleigh couldn't help but to laugh at the action.

     "Everleigh?" A new voice joins in and the attention goes to the Gilmore girl who was standing in the living room and glancing from Lorelai to the other teenager, "What are you doing here?''

    Winning a bet, she answers to herself.

    "We got off on a wrong foot," She extends the basket towards Rory and glances at the woman next to her before so, "So I came to change that."