Devil in disguise

Start from the beginning

As he turned, Preeta's face turned pale. Her eyes and her mouth were frozen wide open in shock.

Preeta(impulsively): Tum yahaan?

Kartik(surprised): Tum jaanti ho Prithvi ko?

Preeta: Nahi woh.. Actually.. Mein isse aaj subah takra gayi thi.. Aur tabhi hamaara intro ho gaya tha..

Prithvi(smirks): What a pleasant surprise.. Ek dost already ban gayi..

Kartik: Good for you two.. Preeta isko zara excavation site pe le jaana kal.. He'll help you..

Preeta(reluctantly): Yes sir..

Preeta sighs deeply and leaves.

Kartik was confused seeing her so low on energy and enthusiasm while Prithvi wore his sunglasses and left too.
...................

The sun had gone to rest, the moon had taken it's place as the darkness began to surround Preeta.

The twinkling starts shined as brightly as the diamond in her necklace.

The diamond definitely wanted to give her a sign, maybe a warning. But what?

Preeta was sitting on the bed, lost in her thoughts when she picked up her diary and went out.

"The thought of you makes me cry. That's how much I am missing you.. Karan. It's so hard not talking to you. Jab tum aaoge na.. Mein tumhe chodoongi nahi"

Missing someone and not able to meet them is the worst feeling ever.

Preeta walks out of the tent and smiles seeing the moon.

Preeta(rubbing her hands): Yeh chaand bhi tumhaari yaad dilaata hai.. Itna door par tab bhi itna sundar..

Preeta was admiring the night view when two hands wrapped around her eyes.

Preeta(smiling): Karan?

The person removed his hands and walked in front of her.

Preeta(shocked): Prithvi tum?

Prithvi: Haan.. Woh tumhe dekha toh socha ki bahaar aake tumse tips le loon.. Kal ke baare mein?

Preeta(controlling temper): Woh tumhe kal bataaungi.. Abhi mujhe neend aa rahi hai.. Good night..

She scampered off inside her tent while Prithvi kept looking at her, with his hands in his pockets.

Preeta was angry. No one had the right to touch her without her permission.

Except Karan.
........................

The next morning,

The golden sun woke up like a baby and started painting the dark black sky with a bright blue sky.

Preeta was already on the excavation site and was instructing Prithvi.

They had just dug out three skeletons that was supposed to be two centuries old.

Preeta was examining the skeletons when Prithvi walked towards her.

Prithvi(sardonic): Mein tumhe aisi 5 cheezein bata sakta hoon jo in skeletons ke paas rehne se achhi hai.. Rather 10.. Nahi 20..😂

Preeta(laughs): Tum tab tak number badhaate rahoge jab tak hum yahaan se nahi niklenge?

Prithvi: Haan.. Ek minute woh kya hai?

Preeta looks in the direction where Prithvi was pointing and sees something sparkling in the sand.

She streches her hand and takes it out to see a diamond covered in blood.

Prithvi(shocked): Is that blood?

Preeta(sarcastically): No?

Prithvi(narrowing eyes): That's not a question that is supposed to be answered with another question..

Preeta: Mein taunt maar rahi thi.. Tum ek archaelogist ho.. Tumhe sauce aur khoon ke beech ka difference pata hona chahiye 😂

Prithvi(rolls his eyes): Fine.. By the way.. Isko bech de toh kitne paise milenge? 😂

The two broke out laughing, unaware that someone was keeping a watch on them.

It was the same old woman who gave Preeta those notes.

Woman(scared): Woh dono mil gaye.. Jiska dar tha waapas hogaya.. Itihaas gawaah hai.. In dono ka milan tabaahi machaayega..

The screen blurs on the diamond that was shining, like the one in Preeta's necklace.
..........................

Precap:

By Sole_creations

Hope y'all liked the chapter!

Loveee
Khushi ❤