Rolling her eyes, Zoe smiled. “The last thing I need to do is meet a nice guy. Especially if you consider him a nice guy.”

"Hey! I’m good at picking them, let’s not forget who’s engaged here."

"I’m twenty-seven" Zoe replied. "Getting married is the last thing on my mind."

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Jasmine smiled. "You’re on your mission to save the world, one patient at a time."

“So if I promise not to let Charles introduce you to any of the groomsmen will you come?”

“Maybe” Zoe smiled. “If I have time I’ll stop by, but you know how I feel about Christmas parties.”

Watching Jasmine’s attention advert for a moment, Zoe looked up to follow it pausing as she took in the man who’d stopped at their table.

The last time she’d seen Kit was nearly three years ago, and he was a senior in highschool.  The changes in his physical appearance in that time making it impossible to focus on stringing together words to form a sentence.

"Hi" Jasmine smiled.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt ladies,” Kit smiled as Zoe met his gave. "It’s just…I saw you when I walked in and I wanted to say hey to Zoe."

Watching Jasmine shoot her a curious look, Zoe ignored it before taking in the beers in his hands.

Her intention was to speak, but for some reason she couldn’t. But she didn’t have to.

"Well why don’t you join us…" Jasmine smiled, pausing for his name.

"Kit."

"Kit" Jasmine smiled remaining where she was leaving it to Zoe to move so that he could sit. “So you two know each other?”

"Yes" she replied sliding over so that he could join them. "Um, Kit this is Jasmine. Kit is a former patient of mine."

"Really" Jasmine smiled. The interest in her voice not doing enough to cover the look on her face. Kit may not have noticed it but Zoe did.

Jasmine was Zoe’s best friend. She could read her like a book, and she knew more about her than anyone. Including the three year story of a private session which went too far. Although she’d never told Jasmine the identity of the charming eighteen year old boy who had boldly kissed her, Zoe knew her friend was smart enough to pick up on the newly exerted tension in the booth. That and her sudden silence.

“You said former,” Jasmine spoke up once Zoe didn’t. “Why’d you stop seeing her Kit?”

Keeping her focus on the empty beer bottle in front of her, Zoe felt her cheeks heat at her friend’s choice of words.