Epilogue: Cotton Candy

Začít od začátku

Seokjin sincerely wanted to marry Namjoon. Seokjin won't lie, he needed Namjoon. He got the second chance he asked to God. He didn't want to lose the man. It's just, when they were already engaged, and Namjoon tried to offer some intimacy, Seokjin just felt that he haven't ready yet, for anything more than a gentle –or a little passionate– kissing. Namjoon actually once said, if Seokjin haven't ready for a marriage, Namjoon had all the will to wait. But, Seokjin insisted that he was okay. After all that happened to them, he thought, they better get to affirm their relationship, as soon as possible. Marriage weren't all about sensual skinship though. But sure, still a marriage needed intimacy.

But then, when the wedding plans were in front of their sight, he felt conflicted. And he only had two weeks to fix those conflicted feelings. He had to fix it, or else, the planned wedding would never gonna happen.

.

.

.

Friday, around 02.14 PM and Namjoon still had another meeting with Jooheon. The last meeting of another packed schedules he had since Wednesday morning before he could go home to see his own little family. Home. The lovely English stone cottage with outdoor shower. Home is where the heart is. It's home, where he could share the love he had with Seokjin and their beloved child, Myungsoo. It's home, his sanctuary, where he belong.

"Uhh, what else..." Namjoon clamped his mouth as he checking on the report files of his wedding preparation.

"The invitation, the souvenir, and any other details were all ready..." Jooheon reassured the man. "Don't worry."

"The only thing Seokjin wanted just that the ceremony would be hold in a chapel where his parents got married. That's all."

Jooheon clicked his tongue. "You know what? To think about what happened in the past and what you get right now, you were considered lucky."

"I know right. I'm getting married with Seokjin." Namjoon brightly smiled.

"I'm happy for both of you, though. I'm happy for you, Namjoon ah." Jooheon took the files from Namjoon. "I'll get you the copy, so you can ask Seokjin for approval."

"Thank you so much."

Namjoon was about to end his small meeting with Jooheon when the secretary knocked the office door.

"Mr. Kim, I just received this package. It's from Seokjin ssi, we just met in the lobby." The secretary handed Namjoon a paperbag. "He asked me to give this to you. And also ask you to not be late for dinner." The secretary left the office room after she delivered the message.

"Seokjin just dropped by? And left without seeing me?" Namjoon knitted his eyebrows as he gave Jooheon a questioning look. And the other one just shrugged off. "I didn't know that he had things to do in the city, today..." Okay, Namjoon said that he would be quite busy, but if Seokjin had something to do in the city and already finished it, why just stopped by into the KIM & Co office building to handed off a package for Namjoon instead of waiting the man, so they could go home together...

Namjoon took the small box inside the paperbag. He was somehow felt, something was odd. And his heart jumped off into his throat as he saw what was inside the box. It's the pink carnation hairpin.

With 'Let's meet there. I'm on my way...' written in a nice card.

'There' and a pink carnation hairpin? No way.

Namjoon blankly stared into the pink carnation hairpin. A lovely certain hairpin that in certain moment, he forced Seokjin to wear it.

They were both in a healing process. They wanted to be each other's cure. He wanted to be the cure of Seokjin's pain. But, he had to admit, that what he did to the pretty one was traumatic. Seokjin might say that he was way more healed. But, once again, who knows what's deep inside someone's heart. What if Seokjin was trying to be friendly, because he was kind, to begin with. What if the scars could never be healed?