"I thought we're supposed to train?" I eyed the other hallway that led to the weapon room.

"Yes, but not with weapons." I could not see his expression as he was walking in front of me. I did not fall in step with him, deliberately leaving a three-step distance between us. I felt more comfortable that way.

"Why?" I asked and he stopped abruptly. I nearly bumped into him in surprise. I jumped backwards quickly.

"Stop asking so many questions. And stop dawdling. I don't have all the time in the world."

"Neither do I. I'm planning to leave this place as soon as I can," I informed him. What makes him think that I would delay my own return?

"You were falling so far behind," he substantiated.

"I don't want to breathe the same air as you do," I rolled my eyes. It might sound illogical and childish but I don't really care.

"Exactly what's wrong with you?" He turned to face me with a peeved look.

That was added fuel to my suppressed anger. "You know what's wrong? Everything! How dare you ask me what's wrong when you bringing me here is already wrong! How would you feel if you found out that almost everything that you believed in was a total lie?" I hissed at him venomously.

I knew that he had not meant that to be so personal but I couldn't help it. Everything was so wrong that I don't even know if I could put anything right again. The only thing that was still holding me together was the hope that I could get back soon and pretend that I had never discovered all these lies.

Zander stepped forward, meeting my moist eyes with his resolute ones. "If you had so much energy to feel hateful towards your predicament, I don't see why you shouldn't channel them into tasks that would get you home. I would preserve every bit of energy, if I were you."

His words were like a slap in the face. I blinked away the agitated tears that had gathered in my eyes and stepped away from him towards the doors. There was truth to what he said. Taking in a deep breath, I strode past him and threw the door to the battle courtyard open with newfound determination.

"For goodness sake, I told you not to hide your thumb inside or you'll break it when you punch something hard. Leave it lying on top of your index and middle finger."

Gritting my teeth, I placed my thumb outside and aimed at his palm. I lost my balance and fell on the wet grass like I had done before. Great. I'm sure I smell like wet grass now.

"It's your fist that travels forward, not your entire body. Your centre of gravity must be on your hind leg to maintain your balance and retreat if you have to." Zander shook his head, his patience wearing thin. "Come on, try again."

I stood to my feet, feeling depressed. All these looked so easy on the Television. Zander had demonstrated many types of fighting techniques but I had gotten them all wrong. Trying to teach me how to fight is like trying to teach a polar bear how to somersault. In the end, he had settled on just the basics for me to learn by today. Punching whilst maintaining my balance.

I shifted so that my weight was on my hind leg and I punched forward. This time, my posture was correct but I missed my target, his palm. It was the first time that I maintained my balance and I felt a small sense of achievement for that. Zander however thought differently.

"Why can't you get it right?" He muttered crossly.

"I'm trying. You don't know how to fight the moment you're born," I defended.

"Why do we have to learn this when we have 'extraordinary abilities'." I made air quotes to the last two words.

"Trust me when I say that the healing don't work when the attack is fatal."