Chapter 1

As I walked down the street, eyes darting nervously from place to place, a bundle of signs wrapped in black plastic bags tucked under my arm. Across the street a my neighbor(the definition of Karen) stared at me in suspicion. I gave a bright smile before sprinting into the house. After locking the door I bolted upstairs laughing.

Time to repurpose some signs, they were going to the trash anyway.

Unable to contain my glee as I painted over the large letters of the Trump signs, I danced a little as I watched a couple of YouTube videos.

There. Done with those, now just let them dry. I have my backpack packed and my clothes ready, I just need to fetch the goggles and welding gloves from the garage.

I wandered into the kitchen and grabbed some snacks before walking over to the garage. Inside my cabinet I found the things I needed before locking up the house and taking a shower. Everything was ready for tomorrow, except some much needed sleep.

------------

I was absolutely astounded by the amount of people participating in the protest. All I could see was cameras, phones and signs.

Let's do this.

The police stared at us emotionless as we chanted along to "ACAB" and "I can't breathe!" a couple of brave people even fell to one knee in front of the police holding up their sign and yelling "Hands up. Don't shoot!"

I pushed through the crowd to a young African American girl kneeling at the front and joined her, placing one of my hands on her shoulder. A couple seconds later a pair of white teenage boys stood in front of us in a sense of a shield. The police glare through their riot shields.

After a while we stood and joined the chanting once more. This time though, an easily 7ft tall man in spec ops gear stood in the polices faces and insulted them. The officers were obviously cowed but tried to fake confidence as the man crouched to their levels and mocked them. After a couple of giggles from the protestor, we continued marching.

It was becoming evening and curfew approached as we started to grow weary. We came to a stop and all knelt. The national guard was in front of us. Someone screamed as we saw the guard put their gasmasks on.

Tear gas!

The crowd scattered as gas filled the air. I turned to see if anyone was hurt, witnessing the spec ops guy pick up the tear gas and toss it back. A couple of people videod it as chaos reigned supreme. I smiled before darting over to a man who had fallen, screaming as tear gas burned his face, medics surrounding him with milk and water dousing him.

Officer started grabbing protestors as the ran, pushing them to the ground before placing zip ties around their wrists. A harsh tug at my arm pulled me from the group and shoved me to the ground as an officer yelled at me to stop resisting. The wight was promptly removed as someone pulled him off. I stood quickly and turned to see who had helped me. Specops guy?

"You okay?" the giant grunted as shoved the cop away. I shakily nodded.

"I'm fine. Thanks for that though." I grinned greatfully as I picked my bag up. He nodded before running off. I stared as he disappeared around the corner. Damn that was hot.

Later that night, after I got home and took a shower, I lay in bed searching tiktok for some videos of the guy. Naturally I found a couple from the protest earlier, along with a video of another specops guy with dreads. They called the giant Tank and the other Riot. There were reports of two more, including a female. My mind continuously replayed the scene from earlier, of the guys large hands and gruff voice. His actions towards the cops and him tossing the teargas back.

I looked over to my hand as I thought, Well time to earn your rent.