𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑)

[Brief Author's note!]

Thanks for making it this far. I am so grateful for all the support on this book, especially since this was my first time writing fan fiction. Without a further ado...enjoy!

---------------------

The Wheeler Residence | Fri 7:32 PM
Mike Wheeler

Soon after Ted's departure from the dining table, the rest of the Wheelers followed, abandoning dinner altogether. Mike sat on the brick porch steps underneath the array of stars in the sky, listening to the tired grunts of his father that got louder with each box he carried. For the last 30 minutes, Ted had been transporting his things from the house to his car, completely giving up on his marriage. After he was done, Mike waved goodbye and headed back inside, since it was starting to get pretty chilly outside. He knew it would probably snow the next day.

Mike walked through the door, back into the eerie silence of the house. Karen couldn't bare to look at him after he came out, even though it was starting to be overshadowed. He ignored her and walked back to the dinning room to clear the table. While washing the dishes, he noticed Nancy standing nearby, glaring at him and crossing her arms. "What?" He asked while turning his head to look at her.

"You just had to say something, didn't you?"

"Sure did. You should know better than anyone that it doesn't feel good to be cheated on." Mike said, placing the last plate on the dish holder to dry and removing the bright yellow gloves he was wearing.

"You made him leave! Did you ever stop to think about how Holly or I would feel to see our dad just leave like that!? Everything you said was probably all bullshit anyway!"

"Whatever, I'm leaving too." He said while walking away and grabbing his coat off the rack, leaving out the front door before his mother or sister could protest. He closed the door behind himself and walked down the steps, the wind blowing his long, raven hair back and forth. Mike pulled the coat over half of his face and strolled down the sidewalk, using the street lights to see where he was going.

He felt pretty shitty, and there was one person who never made him feel like that, so of course he wanted to see him. He had memorized the way to his house when they used to ride their bikes to school together. That knowledge plus the location of the small cabin the woods relative to everything else helped Mike on his journey. He knew he made it when he smelled the trees, the familiar pine wood scent that always hit his nose when he hugged Will.

One thing that wasn't familiar was the blue and red blinking lights emitting from the trees that blinded Mike a bit as he walked down the rocky dirt road. The very first thing he saw was a frantically shaking Will, watching his father being carried into an ambulance while Jonathan and Joyce were being questioned by cops. Mike bolted over to him and engulfed the smaller boy in his arms, stroking the back of his head as he did so. Will was a bit surprised that he was there, and honestly didn't want Mike to see him like this. He was almost a murderer an hour ago.

Although Mike was clueless to the situation, he had an idea in his head of what happened. Will filled him in on how abusive his father was a long time ago, at least this time he was the one to get hurt. The two stayed in that position for what seemed like years, neither wanting to move out of the others embrace. It got to the point where Will's soft sobs had ceased and he almost fell asleep during this hug.