Chapter 1

The loneliness of the night engulfed Bill as he walked down the empty sidewalk. Looking behind him, he found that not even lights were on. Almost there. Finally Bill reached his destination; looking above at the big, tall building towering in height. A large building that had been vacant for years. Putting one hand on the door, Bill attempts to pull open the door but it doesn't budge. Locked. Tears begin to blur his vision as he thought of another plan.

The back door. Walking against the wall of the building he finds the door that he was searching for. Thankfully, it's unlocked. The door creaks as Bill opens it up, closing with a loud bang. Inside lies a big empty space with trash thrown around. Most likely from the homeless. Making his way through, his vision focuses on the stairwell leading up to the roof. Grabbing ahold of the railing lining the stairs, sweat starts to form due to the nervousness that consumed Bill's body. Climbing the stairs, with every step, his legs were shaking. Just two flights of stairs up, vibration from his phone went off. Bill didn't see the point in picking it up. Tom was just worried and if he knew what Bill was about to do, he would only try to stop him. The phone kept ringing as he continued to climb to the top. Bill suddenly became irritated by the never ending ringing of the phone as he exasperatedly pulled it out. The caller ID read 'Tom'. A few tear drops landed onto the screen as Bill turned off the phone. A few more steps and then he came face to face with the rooftop door. Please be unlocked. With a single push the door swung open to the cold breeze of the world. As he took those few steps onto the roof, Bill was debating whether if he should continue or not...but this was the only way.

*On top of the roof, the air is so cold and so calm.* As the rooftop door clicks shut, shivers run through his body due to the chill of the night. Lights of the city begin popping up as he steps closer and closer to the edge. Everything seemed to spin around and around in his mind. Everything seemed like a blur. Collapsing to his knees, Bill couldn't think straight. Am I doing the right thing?

*I say your name in silence, you don't wanna hear it right now.* Tom knew that Bill wasn't acting normal earlier. He grew worried that Bill might try and do something detrimental. Despite his persistent calling, there was no answer. Bill, Bill please pick up. I'm begging you. No answer. Tom dialed Georg and Gustav's numbers just to make sure Bill wasn't with them. They haven't seen him all day. Where are you? A bad feeling plagued Tom's heart; he knew Bill was in trouble. The twins have always had this way of knowing the other is in danger. They also always knew what the other twin was feeling. Tom knew Bill was acting weird lately. He would ask weird things such as:

"If I ever disappeared, what would you do?"

"Bill don't be silly."

"I'm serious Tom." But Tom never really thought Bill was actually serious. Then the light bulb lit up. How could I ever have missed this?! Bill has been having these thoughts and I wasn't there for him. Quickly Tom dials 911. Once the operator picked up Tom tells them that they need police and ambulance to the location of the tallest building in town. When he got off the phone, he grabbed his car keys and ran out the door.

*The eyes of the city are counting the tears falling down. Each one a promise of everything you never found.* The sound of sirens were heard in the distance. Getting off of his knees, he could hear them nearing closer and closer. One foot climbs onto the edge of the building...the other follows. Police cars and an ambulance races down the street towards the building that Bill was standing on top of. They came to a halt at the base of the vacant building. Their gaze went from Bill on top to the speeding car that pulled up.

*I scream into the night for you. Don't make it true. Don't jump.*

"Bill!" Tom rushes out of the car. Bill starts to tremble at the sight of his brother way down at the bottom.