14 - the unknown

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

THE UNKNOWN

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"squad c, do i make myself clear?" aizawa looked up from the paper in his hand to the five of you briefly, then went back to looking over the text.

yaoyorozu took in a soft inhale. "with all due respect sensei, are you sure you're not putting too much faith in us?"

you watched as aizawa's eyes met hers. "the five of you are undoubtedly the perfect arrangement for this assigned mission, yaoyorozu." he said cooly. "is there a reason why i shouldn't have as much respect and faith."

she shook her head. "of course not."

"then why bring it up?" aizawa sighed, passing uraraka something that looked like a map. "this is where the five of you are assigned." okay, it is a map. "in the past few days there has been rising sightings. i'm sure you know what i'm asking of you."

"examine and exterminate." midoriya commented, looking at him.

aizawa nodded. "don't engage until you find out where they're originating. i trust you can do that?" he stood up as you all nodded.

"aizawa sensei, i'm not sure if i'm in the right position to ask but..." you started hesitantly, looking at him with as much confidence as you could muster. "are you sure i'll be capable."

you watched as his eyes narrowed slightly. "i think you're a talented young person, l/n." he stated, turning his back to you to look at the wall of pictures that sat behind his desk. "don't make me rethink my decision on your position."

you nodded, not that he could see your answer.

pinpointing the way you felt right now was a hard task. your emotions and thoughts were all over the place. it started to take a toll on you since you heard the mission was assigned. in fact, nervous was probably the best way to describe you right now.

the unsettling feeling swarming from the pit of your stomach to your chest was nauseating. you weren't scared though.

after you episode the other night you had made a promise to yourself to not be afraid. you needed to keep out a sharp eye to protect both yourself and your friends.

the five of you bowed as you left for the entrance. you were all already geared up with your weapons and attire.

this would be the first time you were setting foot deeper into the woods. you wouldn't be in the safe zone anymore. no. a way to describe the area you were to travel to could be known as nomu territory.

the safe zone had started to become ever so slimmer as the weeks went by. the place where you were attacked before being rescued by midoriya them few months ago was now deep into the so called nomu territory.

it was getting bigger, and the base was getting more at risk.

annihilating the nomus had soon become the squads jobs, that and finding out where they're all coming from. their origin is still unknown and it seemed they were getting more powerful.