Cutie - Jake Bowen

A/N: a short blurb for joey because i have succeeded in getting her obsessed with jake, and we both use the same prompt generator, and she sent me an idea, this is gonna be REALLY short im sorry

- - - - -

Walking home from getting one of your tattoos touched up, you were thankful it was a nice day. You dreaded walking in the rain more than anything. Or storms. Or snow.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you caught sight of a cute puppy across the road. The owner was sitting at a bus stop with the pup, on his phone. Not thinking twice, you used the crosswalk right next to where you were standing to walk over.

The pup, quite small, perked its ears up as it looked at you. That's when you noticed its eyes were different colors; one was blue, the other brown. It stood up, causing the owner to glance up from his phone.

"Can I pet it?" you asked, hoping he'd allow you to pet the puppy.

He had warm brown eyes and a full beard, nicely shaped. He was wearing a beanie, t-shirt that showed his tattoos from his left arm, and jeans. He was definitely your type. And he has a puppy?

He smiled softly, "Sure, he loves new people."

You smiled, petting his head as his tongue was out, clearly enjoying the attention.

"And what's the cutie's name?" you asked, smiling to yourself as your scratched behind the puppy's ear.

"Tycho," he responded, glancing back at his phone.

"And the puppy?" you decided to play it smooth.

It originated from a post you saw on Tumblr. It was supposedly a quick way to flirt with someone, assuming they had a pet. You were going to test it out and this was the perfect guy to test it on.

"That's Tycho-" he paused, looking back up at you. "Did you just flirt with me?"

You giggled, now becoming shy as you didn't think this all the way through, "You heard nothing."

He smiled over to you, playfully shaking his head in disbelief, "I think I did."

His face had turned a shade of pink as he shyly looked back down at his phone. You could tell he wasn't used to being flirted with.

You were now blushing, too, "So what's the cutie's name?"

He chuckled lightly, smirking to himself, "You tell me."

You raised an eyebrow at him. Did he just...

"Your name."

You shook your head, smiling by instinct as your face grew warmer, "Did you really just turn me flirting into you flirting with me?"

He nodded, an innocent smile on his face. Okay, he was really cute. You now had no regret in this decision.

"I'm Joey," you responded.

His smile grew wider as a sparkle appeared in his eyes.

"Nice to meet you, Joey," he patted the spot next to him for you to sit down. "I'm Jake."