4: You Belong With Me

Start from the beginning

Gwen smiles seeing Mila's face light up, "Wow either you're smitten or you were bitten by the love bug..."

Mila rolls her eyes then turns back to the mirror, "I don't know. He's great but the one problem is... he'll never notice me."

Gwen's mouth drops. She reaches behind her and grabs one of Mila's smaller pillow then tosses it at her.

Mila flinches as a pillow hits her smack in the middle of her face, "Um ow! What the heck?"

"Have you seen yourself?"

"Yes everyday when I look in the mirror." Mila grins smugly.

"You're a whole mess Mila. No seriously though, what guy wouldn't notice you."

"Him literally him."

Gwen shrugs, "Well then you know what, that's his fault. If he can't see how beautiful and amazing you are and can't see that you have feelings for him then that's his problem."

"I guess..." Mila shrugs with a frown.

Gwen sighs but says nothing else. She starts thinking about what's happened earlier with school and figures she wants to talk to Mila about it but she didn't even know what she wanted to talk about. Mila glances her way every now and again, until she finally lets out the biggest sigh and turns around in her seat.

"What's up?"

"Hm?"

"I can see your face in the mirror. Literal steam is coming out of your ears and I can see the gears moving in your head... Obviously you wanna talk about something important. Most of the time when the conversation is over you leave but you look like you're having an inner conflict."

Gwen shrugs once more before falling back onto Mila's bed. Mila frowns and prances over to her bed then lays back beside Gwen.

"Tell me now... or forever hold your peace."

Gwen rolls her eyes as Mila gives her a huge smile. Gwen takes a deep breath and figured how bad can it be to tell Mila that she was curious about her best friend.

"Fine... so I talked to that nerd... sorry your friend. He's cute. He's a cute nerd."

Mila feels her body freeze instantly as her heart speeds up. Did Gwen just call Peter cute? Oh hell no.

"Yeahhhh he's adorable. I love him... as a friend of course. Best friend."

Gwen chuckles as Mila goes on awkwardly.

"Yeah I just. Never talked to him before. Well today I did. Said he should go to the nurse just in case Flash gave him a concussion."

"Eh he's used to it... I mean he's a tough guy. Really he can take it. Otherwise he wouldn't be standing up to Flash."

Gwen nods as she wrings her fingers together staring at the ceiling.

"Why the sudden interest?"

Gwen shrugs again with a light smile making Mila feel totally uncomfortable.

"I don't know to be honest. It was nice seeing him stand up for the little guy, even though he's also the little guy."

"He tends to do that," Mila laughs thinking about all the times Peter tried to be the hero... tried being the keyword. He had great intentions, just went against tougher guys.

"Yeah I see that. I think it's pretty cool."

Mila swallows harshly, "Do you think you... like him?"

"Oh no! No. I don't know... I'd like to get to know him for sure. I just don't know if he's my type. He's really quiet and seems super shy."

Mila raises an eyebrow as she thinks about her wild crazy psycho best friend, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Gwen chuckles then sits up, "Thanks for the talk Mila. Goodnight."

Mila says goodnight and watches Gwen leave the room. As soon as the door closes she groans loudly holding her face. She feels her eyes well up with tears making her feel more frustrated than ever.

"Of all the guys at school, Gwen falls for Peter? My Peter? God cut me some slack here!!"

Staring at ceiling hoping to hear some kind of answer, she gets nothing. Sighing, she rolls over and stares at the picture she had of Peter and her from a couple years ago on her nightstand. She smiles before frowning.

"Why can't you notice me?"

𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝐺𝑤𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑎 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑃𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟? 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐺𝑤𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔?

𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑎 𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑢𝑡𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑃𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟? 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ?

𝑊ℎ𝑜 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔? 𝐺𝑤𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑃𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟? 𝑃𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑎? 𝑃ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑝 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐶𝑜𝑟𝑎?