Chapter 14: Kimochi-san Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

We searched all the dark places outside of the academy while Donut and Shonen searched for her inside the academy.

"She's not stupid, " I replied, "and I prefer to be called 'Hanako', not 'ghost boy'."

"Whatever, ghost boy."

I sighed.

"You see, the supernatural we're looking for isn't just any other normal supernatural, she's different. In order for Kimochi-san's rumor to work, she must pick a protagonist and I fear that she chose my little Donut."

"Kimochi-san was really sad in her past and so is Donut now, so Kimochi-san could have chosen Donut so she could have someone to relate with. You could also notice it by most people being nice to Donut suddenly."

"I can't go in there because Kimochi-san has a strong sense of power. She'll know where I am and run away. That's why I sent Shonen in there with her because his power has decreased due to the seal I placed on his staff. She'll come after her main character, that's for sure-"

"Sorry, who's 'Donut'?" Yashiro asked me.

I chortled.

"Oh, I haven't had a chance to tell you, have I, " I pronounced slyly.

"Spit it out."

"It's Y/-"

My interruption was followed by a loud noise coming from inside the building.

It sounded like the Eiffel Tower had collapsed.

"That must be them, " I said.

I tried to speak through the walkie-talkie but I didn't hear anyone's voice.

"Hold on tight, Yashiro. Or will you wait till I get back?"

I could tell she was scared of the loud noise but she tried to look tough.

It was actually kinda funny.

She wanted to follow because she didn't want to be alone but she also wanted to stay because she didn't want to touch me or have anything to do with me.

Yashiro ended up staying outside in the end.

~

Y/N POV

[7 minutes earlier]

Half our has passed... and we still haven't found anything!

We searched all the dark places in the school while Yashiro and Hanako searched for her outside the school.

This is tiring!

"Have you found anything yet? Over." I heard Hanako speak with Minamoto through the device.

"No, Over," he replied.

"Well, contact me back when you do. Over."

"Yeah, yeah, I know... Over."

~

"So, Yashiro-sempai can see the dumb toilet-breath? And she's troubled, too? " that boy asked me.

"Yeah! Didn't you see or are you really that blind?" I yelled at him as I shook my head to the other side, not starting any conversation.

He's not toilet-breath...

Then the quietest butterflies flew by out the window. Yep, silence.

It stayed like that for about 5 minutes until Kou decided to break it.

"So... how are you able to see him? Are you an exorcist or something?"

"I was born like this, " I replied.