I leave it on the desk and I slide on my sliders and make my way down the stairs to see my father sitting on the couch with another red envelope sitting on the table in front of him.

"Hey" I say and sit down next to him, "is that mine too?"

He nods and I almost launch myself off the seat and grab it, before ripping it open and unfolding the note.

clue two is not so hard, check the spot
for mail and cards

I sigh, staring at the words for a few seconds. I recognised Mattia's handwriting, it was messy but i smiled down at the note when the answer popped into my head. Mailbox. I stand up and leave through the front door, rushing to the mailbox and opening it. There's another envelope. I grab it and rip it open just as I did with the other one and my heart is racing as I unfold the paper and read what it says.

somewhere hiding in a tree is where
you'll find clue three

I groan, he was really dragging me around tonight. I make my way to the backyard and walk towards the only tree that's in the garden. It takes me a while to find it but I finally do, and pull it down from the tree branch and open it before reading.

so far, so good. you're almost there. by the way, i didn't come up with this but solve this riddle; it hums, clicks and shows you pics, opening it up will do the trick

Oh for Christ's sake. I can't be bothered anymore. Who the fuck came up with this? I huff before walking back to the house and up to my room before opening up my fucking laptop and there it is. Right on the keyboard. I frustratedly grab it and rip it open.

you're getting close now, back outside - find
the thing that takes you to school

My car, obviously. I honestly can't fucking be bothered. After I find the note sitting under my windshield wiper, I open it and it says;

get in and drive to the carnival. i'm waiting
for you in line at the ferris wheel.

I can't help the smile from planting itself on my face and before I can even comprehend what I'm doing, I'm upstairs and changing my clothes before grabbing my keys and rushing back out to the car where I get in and drive to the carnival we went to when I first met Mattia in real life. I remember that day like it was yesterday, we were quite rude to each other but he seemed to be enjoying himself that day now that I think back at it. I remember he bought me a teddy bear, which sits on my desk chair twenty-four-seven.

When I get there finally, I bolt through the gate and make my way towards the Ferris Wheel. As soon as I get remotely close, I see him standing in the line with another envelope in his hand. God, not another one? You're joking.

He hasn't noticed me yet, so I wait for a few moments and watch him from the ice cream stand that I bought ice cream from that day. Come to think of it, I'm actually craving some so I turn around and make my way towards the stall and when the old man sees me he beams as if he recognises me.

I smile up at him and buy the same thing I bought last time before handing him all my change before then turning around and slowly make my way towards Mattia who was tapping his foot against the ground impatiently.

As he looks up and notices me, the frown on his face turns up into a smile which I return impulsively. I use the spoon I'm holding to eat the ice cream that is almost melting in the tub as I approach him. I see him chuckle at me and I stick my tongue out at him to which he rolls his eyes and urges me to hurry up. He seemed to really want to go on the Ferris Wheel.

"That was cringe" I say about the riddle note thingy he'd left me and he chuckles awkwardly, "but still cute. I thought you were ditching me"

"I would never do that" he smiles at me as I finish my ice cream and throw away the tub before he hands me the envelope he's holding. He grins at me and I smile sheepishly before he mutters, "open it"

I do as I'm told and there's another note inside. I pull it out and unfold the paper, once again and read the note. My heart starts racing and I start nervously laughing at the words written messily on the paper.

I'm trying to love you forever,
will you be mine?

"Why are you laughing?" He tuts playfully and I look up at him before embracing him in a hug.

"Obviously I will be yours now stop being so cringe and take me on the Ferris Wheel" I complain as he hugs me back and I plant a small kiss on his neck before chuckling to myself and pulling away. I grab his hand and shove the note in my pocket as we turn around and rush back towards the Ferris Wheel.

As we sit on the small seat, I lean into Mattia and he rests his head on top of mine before muttering, "I love you"

I smile even though he can't see it, "I love you too"

the end

LET ME,                                             mattia polibio (1) ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara