22

NARRATIVE

After I finish getting ready, it's way past nine and when I finally leave the basement and make my way to the kitchen, it's already flooded with people. Most of the cupcakes I made are gone, which means that they were surprisingly a hit.

The first thing I did is walk over to the massive bowl of this fruit punch sort of thing. Vic must've made it when I was downstairs getting ready. I could see fruit and gummy bears at the bottom of the bowl and it stunk of vodka and juice. I picked up a solo cup and poured some into it before walking away from the kitchen and finding Victoria standing near the stairs with Taylor and Kairi.

"Hey" Kairi smiles up at me when he sees me and I smile back at him sweetly, "where have you been?"

"Getting ready?"

"For four hours?" Vic deadpans and I scoff. It hasn't been that long has it? I mean I had to shower and stuff so yeah, probably.

"Yes, get off my cock" I chug the drink that was in my hand and turn around to go and get myself some more before coming back, "so, where's Alejandro and Mattia?"

"They went off somewhere to go and smoke" Taylor replies and I glance around the room, "anyway, we're going to play a game soon. Rora, you playing?"

I snap my eyes back to hers, "what game?"

"I don't know, whatever everyone else decides..." she trails off and I nod before following them back to the living room.

We ended up playing flip cup. I know, right? What a shit game. I've never played a game so boring in my life, so halfway through the third, maybe fourth game I quit and went to the kitchen to find myself something edible to snack on. As I was looking in the fridge, I felt a presence beside me but didn't bother looking up because I noticed a bar of chocolate hidden towards the back of the fridge. Mariana.

"Long time no see" the voice is somewhat familiar but I don't remember where I've heard it, so I avert my gaze from the chocolate bar and look up to meet eyes with those familiar brown ones. "Fancy seeing you here"

"Uh... what the fuck are you doing here?" I almost grimace right at the sight of him as I grab the chocolate bar from inside the fridge and close the door after me.

"I was invited" Nico chuckles to himself, "what are you doing here?"

"I live here, asshole" I scoff and his smirk almost turns into a frown, "yeah, so I can kick you out whenever I please"

"I don't think you will" he challenges and I raise my eyebrows before backing down. Usually I start arguments and end them but I wasn't in the mood right now so I just rolled my eyes and nibbled on my chocolate bar.

"Who even invited you?"

"Mattia, why?"

Of fucking course they knew each other.

"Well get out" I spit, "you're weird and I don't like you so leave"

Just as I'm about to push past him, he grabs my arm and pulls me back, a little too rough for my liking and I bite back a groan at the pain.

"Take your hand off me" I almost growl, "now."

He does as he's told thankfully and I'm not even in the mood to party anymore, so after I finish my chocolate bar, I put the wrapper in the bin before making my way back down to the basement. The music from upstairs is still loud but it's not too loud down here.

Before doing anything else, I connect my phone to the speaker that I brought from my dads and shuffle my playlist. The music drowns out the sound of the music coming from upstairs and I sigh with relief.