After Troy kicked Will down a couple of times, he got tired and walked away, leaving the boy on the floor gripping his sides and trying to help himself up.

Of course Troy felt bad, he wished someone would stop him, but if no one cared then why should he?

Troy walked to his locker to drop off a few books before going to his 5th period class, where he'd probably just sleep until the day was over.

***

Troy walked into his house and locked the door behind him before starting to walk towards his room. He was interrupted by the sound of his father from the other room.

"Anthony! Come here my boy!"

Troy dreadfully walked to the living room. His father was a complainer, he was always dissatisfied with something, and Troy was trying to skip this part of his day but he knew it was inevitable.

"You need to walk the back streets on the way home from school for now on."

"Why?" Troy asked calmly.

"Couple a' queers moved down the street. I don't want you exposed to that."

It was no secret that Tom Walsh was a homophobe. It made Troy extremely uncomfortable when he would go on and on bickering about the 'fags' as he'd say.

"Isn't that a little unnecessary? They aren't bothering us-"

"Don't argue with me boy!" Tom said, raising his voice.

Troy began to walk away and brush past everything his father just said, but before he could leave, his father spoke again.

"At least my boy's not a fag" he said while staring out the window to look at the house down the road.

These 7 words hurt Troy like a dagger to the heart, and his vision began to get a little blurry from the tears that boarded his eye lids, threatening to spill out.

Guilt washed over Troy and he immediately went to the bathroom and turned on the water. He sat on the toilet and began to softly cry into his hands, which turned into a loud sob.

"Don't use all the hot water!" Tom yelled from across the house.

"Ok!" Troy yelled back, trying to make it sound like he wasn't crying.

Troy listened to his father and turned the water down to a cooler temperature. He stripped and stepped into the shower, tears still streaming down his face and dropping down to the floor when they got to his chin.

Tom's words began to replay over and over again in Troy's mind and he began to sob once again.

At least my boys not a fag

Troy looked over at the razor. He picked it up and ran a finger over the blades to see how sharp it was.

At least my boys not a fag

Troy began to sniffle, but tried to contain them so his father wouldn't hear, even though his sobs were completely inaudible from the sound of water running.

At least my boys not a fag

Troy banged the razor against the wall a couple of times and carefully took out one of the blades.

At least my boys not a fag

"Anthony! Hurry up in there!" Tom said, banging on the door and distracting Troy from his thoughts.

When Troy realized what he was about to do, he dropped the blade and stepped out of the shower. He grabbed a towel and sat on the toilet while running his fingers through his hair, still in complete shock.

Was he really about to do that? What would people have thought when they saw the cuts? His reputation would have been ruined.

"I'm coming dad!" Troy said before stepping back into the shower and quickly washing himself.

Troy got dressed and left the bathroom, going straight to his room. He didn't bother trying to eat and needed to sleep off the feeling in his chest that came with the realization of what would've happened if his dad hadn't banged on the door.

To be continued...

The ending makes me feel like I need to put trigger warnings on some chapters - Vaeh

[6/10/20 | 1244 words]