The Promise

Hyun's POV:

   "Hey Hyun, how are you?" Y/N greeted. "Great! Well as great as it can get" I replied. "That's nice to hear" they stated as they pulled me in for a hug. "I love you" I stated. "I love you, too" Y/N said back.

   They kissed me on the cheek and left to check on supplies. As they left they said "See you later, and be careful". I didn't have time to respond, as I heard my name being called.

   I needed to loot what I can, again. I left and began my long night of searching, and running.

   That's where I'm at now, looting the floors above and running away from the monsters around the place. I saw a shadow ahead, and I, like an idiot, followed it.

   When I turned the corner I saw a creature with six legs saying "I'm fast" repeatedly. I tried running away but, like it said, it was fast. It cought up to me real quick.

   I fought it off, until we were opposite each other, I out of breath, and it just standing there. It charged at me, and I closed my eyes as I braced for impact, but it never came.

   I opened them to see Y/N on the ground. In a puddle of blood, as the monster, for some reason, ran away. I sat by their side and started crying.

   "Hey, don't cry" they said. "Why?" I asked. "People do crazy things, when they're in love." Y/N replied with a smile on their face.

   "Why! That doesn't explain anything! You shouldn't be out here, let alone protecting me!" I shouted. They started to close their eyes, "No, please no. Don't close your eyes, please." I pleaded.

   They shut their eyes, and didn't open them again. They died. "I promised, I promised I would protect you. So why am I the reason you're no longer here!".