Phone Number | Chpt 5

Start from the beginning

"You're keeping it?"

"Well Ashido isn't bad," I said. "I won't put his in my phone."

"Can I have Ashido's number?" Hanako asked and I peered at her strangely. "What? She's cute."

"No."

"Please?"

"Why don't you ask her for it?" I asked. "I don't want to just be passing her number around."

"Fine..." Hanako pouted slightly and Ryou just rolled his eyes at her which sparked a small bickering between them. "Wait speaking of phone numbers, I don't even have yours!"

"Oh right," I said, taking Hanako's phone which she had somehow quickly materialized from her bag. I typed in my number and I watched her put me in a group chat with Ryou so that he and I would exchange numbers as well. I managed to get through the rest of the day without any contact with Kaminari, to my relief. We, too, got to learn a quite interesting thing in biology that I didn't really mind doing homework for.

"Are you coming to dinner with us?" Ryou asked.

"Maybe, I have to ask my dad. I haven't really been home too much and knowing him he's probably a little worried about it," I said, shrugging, and he nodded as he shoved Hanako in the direction of the music room so they could do their music work together. I started down the hall, my hands gripped tightly around the straps of my backpack. I wove through people before noticing Kaminari by himself. He was leaning up against the wall, his backpack at his feet. I veered off to the opposite side of the hall so he wouldn't see me. It didn't seem like he would anyways, he was staring in disappointment at his phone. Was he expecting a text from me? The idea made my chest ache slightly, but I just booked it away from him. He would get over it, it wasn't that big of a deal anyways.

He shouldn't be expecting much from me.

I shut the door to our apartment with a solid click, placing my bag near the stairs. I glanced around the first floor, not seeing anyone home yet. I tugged my bag around my shoulder and headed up the stairs to my room. I settled into my desk and began my homework immediately so that I wouldn't have to do it later.

We were learning about different chromosomal diseases and conditions, which would help with my anatomy class and in turn my medical course. We would be learning things very quickly in each so that we can begin clinicals in Recovery Girl's office. I was very excited about those. Later years would require that we choose a hospital in the area and intern there. It didn't take long for me to finish and see that I had some messages from my group chat.

Hana: yo (y/n) can you send the bio work?
Ryou: It's been 3 days and you already fail to keep up?
Hana: I can so, I just don't want to
Ryou: Sure, ask the one with 2 teachers for parents, real smart
Hana: then YOU send it asshat
Ryou: Very mature

Sure?

Hana: YAY! hah suck it ryou
Ryou: I'm considering leaving you to eat alone
Hana: w h a t e v e r . so you coming (y/n)?

I heard a call from downstairs.

Hold on

I headed down the stairs to see Mic had arrived, not yet my father.

"Hey kiddo what's up?"

"Oh, I was just wondering if we had dinner plans?"

"Well, I'm sure we'd love your appearance at the dinner table, but if you want to eat with your friends, that's fine," he said, placing a few papers on the end table.