Meeting the Wolf Princess

So in my AU, San now trusts the people of Iron Town and they trust her. She trusts the Emishi too because they give proper respect to the gods. BTW, since I forgot, this takes place 7 years later.

Kaya, tired and hungry, lead all the elk through the forest. She didn't know it, but soon, her clan would find the clearing of the Forest Spirit. Kaya led them on for a couple more minutes, then stopped in surprise.  She had stepped out of the forest into a large clearing with an island in the center. The island had a single tree, growing even though it seemed dead. She stopped.

 "Hey! We've found a place to rest! C'mon!" The Emishi filed into the clearing. When the Wise Woman entered, she stopped and hurried to find Kaya.

 Meanwhile...

San and Hiromi were crouched in the underbrush. Hiromi sniffed. Then her eyes widened and she tapped San.

"San, they smell like him." 

San blinked. "Hiromi, are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"Absolutely sure?"

"Yes, San! I'm sure!"

"Then go and tell Ashitaka to stay out of sight until we're all ready. Tell him his old clan is here."

Back to the Emishi...

 "Princess, this is the clearing of gods. We must ask them for forgiveness and ask their permission to rest here!"

When Kaya heard these words, she quickly bowed, and with the clan watching (and San, though she didn't know) called out, "Gods and spirits of this forest, we ask for your forgiveness in stopping here. We did not know this was a sacred place, but we are tired and ask for your protection here. We are the Emishi people. Our village was attacked by the samurai of Lord Asano, and we are traveling to Iron Town for refuge."

 They all held their breaths and waited. Suddenly, a girl stepped out of the brush and waved to them. The men nocked arrows and waited. The whole clan sat, filled with tension. "Hello. Welcome to the forest. Don't worry, you have been granted permission to rest here by the Gods, myself included." Kaya let out a sigh of relief and bowed. "Sorry for intruding here. I am Kaya, Princess of the Emishi." "I am Princess Mononoke, Goddess of the spirits and wolves. I am the leader of the Moro Tribe of wolves, after my mother, Moro, died." Princess Mononoke studied them for a minute and Kaya studied her.