How You Meet - Periphery

Depuis le début

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer:

Downing your fifth shot, the alcohol was starting to finally kick in as the music played loudly, mixed in with the god-awful drunk singing coming from the karaoke machine. It was always hilarious to watch as people struggled to keep their balance as they mixed up words and went way off tune. In a way, it made you feel great about your own singing.

Those thoughts were interrupted as you heard a surprisingly great voice over the speaker. The song was I Want It That Way, and the rest of the room was gathered around, singing along with him. You almost couldn't tell which one was singing without looking for the microphone itself.

Finding the suspect, he was wearing an oversized beanie, sunglasses, and a matching set of joggers and a jacket.

What was he, a rockstar or something?

Taking a drink of your water, because you at least remembered to stay hydrated while drinking in order to avoid a bad hangover, you watched as he flawlessly performed the song. He was definitely drinking too, but it didn't seem to affect him.

You wished you could sing that good sober.

You ended up singing the chorus of the song to yourself as it started. It was one of those songs that everyone had to sing along to if they heard it. You were no exception to that hidden rule.

The song was eventually over by the time your sixth shot arrived in front of you, giving a nod and a smile to the bartender. Someone took the seat beside you as you downed the shot. Looking over, it was the man that had just sang.

He asked for whiskey as you raised an eyebrow at him. He definitely seemed like he was a rockstar, or something.

"So, are you like, in a band, or...?"

His eyes shot to yours, "I am."

You smirked, "I knew you couldn't waste a perfectly good voice like that."

He shrugged, giving a small smile to your remark, "Thank you, I think?"

God, you were feeling the alcohol. You hadn't realized you were as drunk as you are until downing that sixth shot.

You shook your head, "Sorry, I'm drunk. I'm acting like a dumbass right now."

He chuckled, his smile growing wider, "So am I, and don't worry. It happens."

His teeth were perfectly white. How? You couldn't get yours that bright no matter how hard you tried.

"I'm Spencer."

"Nice to meet you, Spencer," you smiled.

He chuckled, "Come on, what's your name?"

"Oh shit, my bad. I'm Y/N," you giggled.