CHAPTER 02

Back in Time.

Calla remembered the stranger. He was the same person who met her 6 months ago. She had been searching him since then, but never found a single clue about him. And here he was standing, he hadn't changed a bit. She came back to her sences when she found him stairing at her. She tapped on Sophie's shoulder who was still busy looking at things and admiring them.

"Don't go anywhere, I'll be back in a minute." Calla said to her niece.

"Go talk to your price, he's cute." Sophie said with a grin.

"Henry's not here Sophie." Calla replied an annoyed tone.

"I'm not talking about Henry, he's not your Prince." Sophie replied and giggled. Calla shook her head and went to that strange man who was still drooling over her. To her surprise, she wasn't even uncomfortable with him staring at her. She stood right in front of him and glared at her.

"Who are you?" Calla asked tried to keep her voice firm.

"Really, that's the best question you could come up with?" The strange man asked with a chuckle.

"Pardon please?" Calla asked with a raised brow.

"What's in your heart Miss Calla Davis." The strange man asked.

"How do you know my name? Are you stalking me?" Calla asked.

" I'm not a cheep stalker, I'm a guardian." The strange man replied with anger.

"What? What do you mean with that? Guardian for whom?" Calla asked in confusion.

"The time will tell you and teach you everything about your future soon." The strange man said and raised his finger but this time, he pointed Sophie. Calla looked at her niece who had so many pendants in her hands.

"Baware the darkness that soon will rise." He whispered in Calla's ear as Calla looked back at him but he was again gone. Calla was now confused with the hide and seek game he was playing. Calla didn't waste her time to look for him, she went back to her niece. Sophie made her choose one of the pendant. All of them were so beautiful but one of them caught her eyes. It was a blue crystal pendant with silver sparklings inside. Sophie gave it to the shopkeeper and asked her to pack it in to a cute box. They paid for the pendant and went out. They did more shopping. Sophie sat on one of the ponies like a princess. So far the day was good and it made Sophie so much happier than Calla had imaged. It was almost dusk when they went back to their house. Sophie happily took all the shopping bags from her aunt. They opened the door and Henry greeted her from behind.

"Hey." Henry said.

" Hi. What are you doing here?" Calla asked.

" Just came to see you." Henry said.

" Hi Henry." Sophie greeted him.

"Oh hi. What are you doing? Can we go for dinner tonight?" Henry replied carelessly then asked Calla. Calla gave him a deadly glare.

"Baby take all this to your room. We'll check everything, I'll be there in a bit." Calla said.

"Okay aunt Calla. Bye Henry." Sophie replied and went to her room.

" What the hell is wrong with you? I've already told you about a hundred times that I can't go to have dinner with you. I can't leave her alone." Calla asked angrily.

" Who's asking you to leave her alone. I've told you to get a nanny for her." Henry replied.

" And I've told you that I can take care of her by myself." Calla replied.