A boy sat at the counter, not even looking up as we entered.

I gestured for Allie to come with me as the others went to look for supplies. 

"Hey, do you have swimsuits?" I said. 

The boy looked up, and I inhaled sharply. Messy brown hair, green-gold eyes-

"Wow, you look just like. . ." Allie started.

"The brat who's trying to flirt her way into our group and injured my ankle," I cut in, widening my eyes at Allie.

"I'm guessing you met my twin sister, then," the boy said. His tone made it clear he didn't like Leila.

"I'm guessing you two don't exactly get along," Cameron observed. 

The boy grinned. "Bingo. So, swimsuits, huh?"

"Yeah," Allie confirmed. 

He pointed to the side. "Back there."

"Thanks," I said. 

He waved me off. "No problem," he said.

"I'm Maddie, by the way," I said, as Allie and Cameron walked away.

He tilted his head to the side. "I'm Danny. Hey, you look kinda like T."

"Um, who?" I said, confused. 

"You know, like T as in T&M?"

Panic flared through me. "Shh, keep your voice down. Nobody here knows, and I'd like to keep it that way."

Danny held up his hands. "Alright, relax. Hey, is M here too?"

I scoffed. "Like I'm gonna tell you."

Right on cue, Riley walked up to us. "Hey, Madds, I found an avocado float-"

"Oh, so M is here!" Danny stage-whispered.

Riley scrunched up his eyebrows. "Who's-" 

I clapped a hand over his mouth. Danny was laughing quietly. "He recognizes us! Frankly, I'm surprised Leila didn't," I whispered.

Riley's eyes widened as I took my hand off his mouth. "Yeah, why didn't Leila recognize us?"

"She doesn't listen to your music," Danny said. 

Riley nodded. "Hey, check out the float, though." He showed me the picture.

"Oh, cool," I breathed. "It comes with a ball."

Riley nodded. "I should get back, Mia and Alex are fighting about whether a giant flamingo float or a giant donut."

"I vote flamingo," I called after him. 

"Which one do you want," Allie said, walking up to me. She held up a black sporty two-piece lined with white in one hand and an ombre tankini in the other. 

"The black one would look better on you," Danny said. I looked at him in surprise. He shrugged. "Leila talks about these things a lot."

"You're right," Allie decided. She waved Cameron over.

After buying the swimsuits, I shouted, "C'mon, guys, just choose three."

The rest of the group came over and placed three inflatable floats on the counter. 

After we purchased the floats, Danny said, "There's a pump in the back, if you want to use it."

"Why would you let us use it?" Cayden asked suspiciously.

Danny shrugged. "Anybody who doesn't like my twin sister is cool in my book." He winked at me, and I felt my cheeks warm. 

"Wait, so. . . who's your- ooohh. Leila?" Riley asked.

Danny nodded, then took the floats and disappeared into the back. 

"There you go," he said, coming out with the fully-inflated floats. "Good choice with the flamingo."

I grinned. "Thanks, Danny," I said. "Hey, if you have a break, you should come out and hang out with us!"

Everyone agreed, Cayden a bit reluctantly for some reason.

"Oh, I actually have a break now," he said, checking the clock on the opposite wall. "Mind if I tag along?"

I nodded, and we headed out the door.

Leila's POV:

I casually walked up to the small shop where I had seen them enter a few minutes ago. 

I paused when the door opened, and Cayden's group flooded out. 

"Oh, I was just about to go. . ." I started, but I trailed off as I saw a familiar person with his arm around Cayden. "Danny?"

He froze when he saw me. "Ugh, hey sis."

"Wait, so it took me a half a day to try and get in with their group, and you're just suddenly buddy-buddy with them in less than thirty minutes?" I shrieked. "How the heck is that fair?"

"Uh, maybe because he didn't try to injure one of us?" Alissa said. That witch.

I felt anger rising in me, and I charged at her.

A/N: Sorry for updating late, the only excuse I have is that I have a minor wrist injury from who knows what, it just came out of nowhere :(

Anyway, if you're wondering who Alissa is, remember that they gave Leila fake names when they first met.

Bye!