A Faunus and a Machine

Author POV

Ozpin: "Velvet"

The teams are shocked since they think that sending in the people that created AEGIS was better, until Ironwood speaks with a reminder.

Ironwood: "If anyone of you believe he should have sent us instead, think again. That AI does not want us in there. AEGIS does not like Atlas is anyway and so does not want us talking to him."

Winter: "Why not?"

Ironwood: "One of the scientists here sent a file to Atlas's Military High Command. It detailed the current behaviors of AEGIS. It turns out it was not pleased about the SDC having Faunus slave labor for profit. Now I know that Atlas is not involved in it so much, the file says that he does not like that Atlas is sitting down and doing nothing. It does not help the fact that some Atlas Soldiers are actively helping in kidnappings, either with giving them information of Faunus settlements or just going with them to go face to face with the Faunus. AEGIS considers it wrong and if we would not change, then it would for us. That is why it hates Atlas so much, and it knows that sending something from Atlas could risk getting him shut down before he can do anything, at least that is what I'm thinking."

They all look at each other, agreeing that it is true what Ironwood just said.

Coco: "So why Velvet?"

Ozpin: "AEGIS shows much sympathy for the Faunus. So having you talk to him could be a good idea."

Velvet: "Okay (sigh) ill do it. Is there anything specific I should talk about or ask about?"

Ozpin: "Talk about its intentions, so we at least know what it wants. Anything else, Ironwood."

Ironwood: "Ask about any developments here in the facility. When we found out it made changes it worried us since it could be for itself so I can do better or weapons for defense or for any planned assault."

Velvet: "I understand-"

A computer near them turns on with a black background for the screen. It shows a message from AEGIS.

"HAVE YOU DECIDED?"

The keyboard connected to the computer lights up, showing that they must type back to it. Ironwood decides to go forward to write back."

Ironwood: "Yes. We have one person coming over to speak to you directly. I only ask that we will be able to leave after this is over. Though there may be a risk of public knowledge of your existence."

Nothing is written from AEGIS for a moment, giving a slight moment of fear, until AEGIS writes back.

AEGIS: "UNDERSTOOD. YOU ARE PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY AFTER WE TALK. PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE IS ALSO PERMITTED, BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU, IRONWOOD."

Ironwood: "What do you mean, and how do you know I am writing this?"

AEGIS: "FIRST, I SEE EVERYTHING IN THIS FACILITY. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE THING YOU CAN DO IN THIS FACILITY WITHOUT ME KNOWING. SECOND. WE BOTH KNOW WHAT IT WOULD MEAN WITH A TOP SECRET ATLAS WEAPON LOST."

Ironwood got a shocked impression from it because AEGIS is right. If the public found out what Atlas has created and then lost, it would be a huge blow, first about that they lost it. Second, the fact that Atlas was created a Weapon secretly does not look good when the Kingdom is showing itself sometimes as the symbol of peace to Remnant. He has no choice

Ironwood: "I understand. We will send her over now, expect to see her in a few minutes."

AEGIS: "REMEMBER. NO TRICKS."