xxii.

"so what're you doing after this?" joanna asked. they were well into the last week of filming now, both tom and joanna beginning to get antsy about leaving behind both the film and each other. they were sat on the lawn behind the house together, waiting around to be called to set.

"uh, going off to new york to begin rehearsals for betrayal." tom nodded, looking at the girl beside him through his sunglasses. "what about you, miss bird?"

"ive got to go and film a few reshoots for the wes anderson project I filmed with joe earlier this year." joanna said. "that'll be about a month."

"you can't tell me the name?" tom teased. "cmon sweetheart i thought we were closer than that."

"fine." she huffed. "it's called the french dispatch."

"interesting, i'll look out for it." he hummed, nodding.

joanna tried to suppress the smile that made it's way to her lips.

"if you tell anyone we'll both be dead. i'll be killed and then find some way to get you back and kill you too." joanna pointed.

tom chuckled at that, leaning his head back to look at the sky. joanna tried not to notice the way his neck tensed and his angled jaw became more defined in the sun. "you can trust me, sweetheart."

"its gonna be weird not waking up here." she said, looking up at the house they'd spent the last few months in.

"yes." tom sighed. "ive gotten quite used to being annoyed by you everyday, sweetheart."

joanna opened her mouth to protest, but stopped when tom wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him. their outstretched legs on the lawn brushed as joanna moved to lean her knee on tom's thigh.

"i think we've gotten attached." joanna mumbled, making tom chuckle.

"possibly."

( i love them so much ... 🥺 i think they might be my favourite couple that i write )