xxxii.

joanna was slumped in a booth, one arm around saoirse's waist and another nursing her upteenth martini. the girls had collapsed in a booth together after some extensive dancing together.

"are you okay, darling?" saoirse asked, looking down at the girl who seemed a little more drunk than her.

"yes, s, i'm perfect." joanna grinned back, moving back from the closeness to her friend. "another glass?" she gestured to saoirse's empty glass before downing her own, beginning to get up and move to the bar.

"well if you're buying." saoirse replied with a smirk.

"of course." joanna giggled, and was about to leave the booth when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

the word "tom" flashed across her phone screen with a contact photo of the actor, making joanna immediately grin and blush like a school-girl. the photo was one joanna had taken of him while filming the movie. he was sat by a lake with his legs in the water, giving both joanna and the camera a wave and smile from where she was, swimming in the water.

"sersh!" she practically squealed, turning the phone to show her. saoirse looked down at the phone-screen and then back at her friend with wide eyes.

"well answer it then!" she laughed at her friends wide eyes and flushed face. joe had informed her all about joanna's unspoken situation with tom hiddleston.

"oh god, okay-" she answered the phone quickly, "hello?"

"hi darling." his voice came through the phone, joanna almost hearing the smile behind his words.

"ooh! say hi to saoirse!" joanna exclaimed, and tom laughed at her tone before being passed over to said actress.

"hi tom," saoirse chuckled before adding "heard a lot about you", to joanna's embarrassment.

"oh really?" joanna could so clearly see tom's smirk in her head and rolled her eyes. "very nice to meet you saoirse."

"you too." saoirse added before passing the phone back to joanna.

"hello again." she greeted.

"if you're with your friends i can call you back at another time?"

"no, no - it's okay, it's you!" she assured. "one second."

joanna mouthed to saoirse, 'be right back, will you be okay?'. when she gave her a thumbs up and a wink back, joanna grinned and moved to head towards the balcony so that she could hear tom properly. crowded with smokers, she moves to an open spot overlooking the city.

"okay, i can hear you properly now."

"are you in a club?" tom asked. "that music was pretty loud."

"well, it's more of a bar, but yeah." joanna said. "i'm in france."

"oh right, it's only 4pm here, got a bit confused." tom smiled, "i was just calling to check up on you, how are you sweetheart?"

"i'm good! im back in france but you're not here and i miss you quite a bit which i probably wouldn't say sober, but i've said it now and yeah-" joanna cut off her own babbling.

"well, if you wouldn't say it sober than i won't bring it up again darling, but just know i miss you too."

"that's nice to hear." joanna mumbled, "are you in new york?"

"yeah, just arrived today actually. pretty rotten timing with you being there, while i'm here."

"i know." she frowned, forgetting that he couldn't see her. "im going back there in a month i think-"

joanna was cut off and tom could hear a man talking to her. "avez-vous un briquet, ma chérie?" he made out, instantly feeling jealousy burn up within him.

"oui, oui. une seconde." she replied casually, retrieving one from her jacket pocket.

"merci." tom heard the man reply.

"sorry, tom!" joanna returned, switching easily back into english. "there was a man asking for a lighter."

"i heard, yes." he replied. "i didn't know you smoked, darling." he smirked a little bit, always enjoying finding more out about joanna.

"eh bien, quand en france." she giggled. "only a little bit."

"good girl," he nodded. "well i won't keep you any longer, sweetheart, but be safe tonight, yeah?"

"of course tom, im with sersh - and i might let joe join us later."

"i won't even ask what he did to get on your bad side this time." tom laughed. "have a good night, joanna."

"thank you, goodbye tom."

"oh and sweetheart?" tom added before joanna hung up. "tu as l'air très sexy quand tu parles français."

tom hung up before joanna could reply, but his words left a lasting impression on her flushed cheeks.