Chapter 26

Zayn took at least three showers today. He wasn't supposed to, use of too much water or some such, but he needed it. He was literally crawling out of his skin with the dirt he could feel all over him after that somebody touched him.

Liam gave him the second night off, to get settled, but then the third night he was introduced to a client who preferred to bottom. Zayn could see Liam was trying to ease Zayn into this, thinking he had no prior experience. If only he knew that wasn't the reason he was so hesitant. Actually he was hesitant because he had too much experience.

But Zayn appreciated the gesture nonetheless. He'd have to find a way to repay him. He actually reminded Zayn a lot of Louis in that respect. He didn't even really know Liam, but he seemed to have this protected feeing when he was around him. Just like when Louis first found him and during the first few months of their friendship he never let Zayn out of his sight. Zayn didn't know it then, but HQ was having a fit over it.

***

Zayn was in the guest bedroom of Louis' flat. It was way nicer than his place, but still he didn't feel comfortable yet. There were too many pillows and the towels were too fluffy. He'd been staying here for weeks, but he didn't think he'd ever get used to it. Not that he intended to stay long enough to try.

It was morning and Zayn would usually never be up this early, but his stomach was grumbling its discontent at the lack of ingested food. Louis never kept food in his frig, and Zayn hated asking for it, but since Louis had unintentionally cockblocked his only source of income, he couldn't go out and buy his own food. So he usually just waited until Louis asked if he was hungry to quietly accept some sustenance.

Louis must not have been hungry the past couple of days because he didn't offer Zayn anything, which meant Zayn hadn't eaten. Now he was stuck with an empty stomach and plenty of time, waiting on Louis to wake up, to consider his situation.

He couldn't thank Louis enough for helping him, probably saving his life if things were to keep going how they were, its just that he was floundering, lost as to what he was supposed to do now.

He missed sex. Not because he enjoyed it, but more because he didn't know any other way to be. There hadn't been a day of Zayn's life for the past three years, since he was thirteen, that he hadn't been taken to bed by some stranger with a padded wallet. Now it'd been three weeks and Zayn was involuntarily horny enough to fuck a woman if he had to.

He was tired and hungry and horny. He threw off the thick covers and stormed down the hall to Louis' room, barely sparing a knock before barging in. Louis was standing in front of his dresser in only a pair of thin white pants. Zayn should've covered his eyes and backed out with an apology, but he'd become unconditionally jaded to the human form, even one as nice as Louis', so it didn't even register that he wasn't in decent apparel so be seen.

"I'm hungry," Zayn declared to Louis' mildly shocked face.

Louis didn't move to cover himself, but Zayn could see he wasn't comfortable. "Umm, okay. Whatever's in the house is yours to eat."

Zayn huffed in annoyance, "You don't have any food."

Louis opened his mouth, probably to protest, but then shut it and nodded, "True. So then I guess we need food."

"That would be great."

Louis was still shuffling between his feet in his tiny shorts, "You know, if you need something all you to do is ask."

"I don't like asking," Zayn's words were clipped and he instantly felt bad when Louis' lips pressed into a tight line and he looked down at his bare feet. "I'm just used to doing things on my own."