Chapter 32

in the following weeks there'd been multiple instances of Belches and Vic's parents coming to Henry's house to ask if he'd seen their sons

in the following weeks there'd been multiple instances of Belches and Vic's parents coming to Henry's house to ask if he'd seen their sons. The answer was always the same: 'I don't know, haven't seen them in a while. they're probably just hanging around somewhere.'

During this time, I'd been with Henry almost 24/7, making sure to be there whenever another voice plagued him, a nightmare caused him to wake up screaming or if he simply needed someone to talk to. Though he tried to break up with me multiple times because he was scared about dragging me down with him 'into his mess', though I assured him that I wouldn't let him go through this alone, and I most certainly wouldn't let him go to jail. I reminded him of the promise we made that he'd get out of this godforsaken town and leave it all behind us.

Also, the cops of Derry, Butchs colleagues, came over once, asking where Butch was. Henry told them what he'd practiced with me. By the time school had arrived, Henry had gotten some amount of his confidence and sarcasm back.

------

Timeskip to september

'I only remember parts', Beverly tells us as we sit in a circle together, 'but

'I only remember parts', Beverly tells us as we sit in a circle together, 'but... I thought i was dead. That's what it felt like. I saw us, saw us together, back in the cistern, but we were older... I mean our parents ages.'

'W-w-w-what were we all doing there?' Bill asks.

'I just remembered how we felt', Beverly breaths, 'how scared we were, I don't think I can ever forget that.'

In response Bill picks up a shard of glass laying next to him, and holds it up for us to see: 'Swear, swear if IT isn't dead, if IT ever comes back, we'll come back too.'

In response all of us go to stand into a circle, I stand between Henry and Richie. And so Bill goes around to everyone, making a cut in everyones palm before taking his own place between Beverly and Henry. With that we all stand there in a moment of silence holding hands in a bloodoath, before letting go of eachothers hands. After another moment, Stan speaks up: 'I gotta go... I hate you.' Bill looks at him confused before Stan grins, resulting in everyone letting out some chuckles, 'I'll see you later.'

'Goodbye, Stan', Ben greets.

With that most of us sit down again, except for for Eddie and Mike

'Good bye guys.'

'See you later, loser.'

'Bye Mike, Bye Eddie', I wave.

After talking for a while longer, Beverly asks: 'so how are you two doing.'

'Good', Henry nods, and smiles at me, reaching to hold my hand gently, 'Very good.'

As I notice the sun standing high in the sky, I state: 'we should get going, it's getting late.'

'yeah, see you guys around', Henry states, getting up and helping me up.

'See you around', I state, waving at the three kids left.

'Bye', Bill waves quietly.