ix. ready to confess

Start from the beginning

"Kie, what are you doing!" Juliet almost screamed, trying to pull it back up but Kiara stopped her.

"They're gonna help us too." Kiara smirked, looking down at Juliet's cleavage. John B let out a laugh as Kiara then walked away from Juliet and over to the car.

"You owe me for this." Juliet told John B, pointing a finger at him and scowling. He nodded, still laughing, as he watched Juliet then walk over to the car and get in the drivers seat.

Juliet then drove her, Kiara and the boat to the entrance of the salvage yard. Juliet exited the car, having already argued with Kiara about going alone. "Hello?" Juliet called out as she approached the gates. "Excuse me?" Juliet waited on the other side as she watched the security guard make his way out to her. She had to remind herself to smile.

"Can I help you?"

"Hi! Um, I actually have a flat tire. I was wondering if maybe you could help me out?" Juliet made her voice a little bit higher than it usually was as she spoke to the man. She then gave him a smile as she watched him contemplate helping her.

"Yeah. Yeah." The man smiled as he backed up, going to get his tools to help pump the tire back up. Juliet kept the smile on her face till he walked away.

"It's too easy." Juliet mumbled to herself. When he was out of site, Juliet's smile dropped and she turned around to look at Kiara, who was still sitting in the passengers seat. Kiara smiled at her scowl, laughing to herself.

The boys were all watching Juliet from behind a wooden platform, ready to make a run for it when the gate opened. "How's it going with Kiara?" JJ had broken the silence between them as they watched Juliet look back to the car at Kiara. His eyes hadn't left her since she'd gotten out of the car.

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything." John B told him, eyes still focused on the gate.

JJ stifled a laugh. "Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me." He said to John B. He didn't usually listen to JJ so the blonde boy had been rather surprised when he'd found out John B had tried making a move on their mutual friend.

"What?" John B looked at JJ confused.

"I was one hundred percent sure she was into you. Pope would agree." JJ said. He was so sure Kiara was into John B, so sure that he would've bet money on it.

"Ehh..." Pope hesitated a little, he wasn't convinced. He didn't think Kiara liked John B but he didn't know if that's because he really didn't see it or because of another reason.

"So, like, Kie, she like definitely gave you the Heisman?" JJ then asked.

"Oh, no question, yup." John B nodded.

"Gotcha." JJ didn't know why he found the situation funny but he did. There was something amusing to him about John B getting friend zoned.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else." Pope then said, making both boys turn to look at him. What did he know that they didn't? Their conversation had ended there as they watched Juliet lead the man to the back of the boat to where the flat tire was. Kiara had since gotten out of the car and joined Juliet.

"It's just this back one right here." Juliet said as she stopped at the tire. "I mean, it must've been a slow leak or something" She said to him as she lent arm against the boat and slightly stuck her chest out. She needed to give the boys as much time as she could. When she knew the security guard wouldn't be able to see the boys making a run for it, she lifted her arm up and discreetly pointed towards the gate.

"Probably just been sitting in the yard too long." He told her and Juliet gave him another fake smile and nodded. The boys had then run around all of the cars parked outside and managed to get through the gate just before it closed. "Yeah. I got this." The man told the two girls as he knelt down on the floor to start pumping the tire up. Juliet thanked him as Kiara looked around to make sure the boys had gone through and were out of sight.