Chapter 28- Dull

This is in a world where you're not aloud to have anything that gives people happiness.

Darryl POV

"Trust me, it's really cool!" He said shoving the object into my hands.

"I don't know about this Zak." I replied, "What if we get caught?"

"What is it?" I asked, studying the object. It was two circles connected by a round piece of metal.

"Just put it on!" He exclaimed excitedly.

I sighed and slipped the object over my ears. Something blared into my ears:

'Cause it's too cold, for you here, and now, so let me hold, both your hands in the holes of my sweater.'

I pulled it off and looked at Zak in awe, "What was that?"

"It's called music." He replied, taking back the object, "Isn't it awesome?"

Before I could reply I heard a shout from across the room. We both turned around quickly and saw two guards walking towards us.

Zak rushed to hide the object but it was too late. They walked up to Zak and grabbed him, pulling him backwards.

Zak screamed and I reached forwards and tried to grab his hand, but just like that, he was gone.

That was 6 years ago. I haven't seen Zak ever since then, I don't know what happened to him. But I remember that day so vividly. The way the music played and the smile on Zak's face as he showed me it. Sometimes it's the only thing that gives me joy.

Maybe one day, me and Zak will meet again.