8 « Boom »

Sonic and Y/N were still laughing as the trio reached the table. As Tom and Sonic sat down at the table Y/N turned to them saying, "I'll go use the bathroom. Be back in a moment." The two sent her a nod as she left.

Sonic continued laughing as Tom dried his face with a towel. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it up," Tom jokingly stated.

"Nice work, Romeo," Sonic replied wiping a tear from his eye as Tom threw the cloth on the table and grabbed his drink.

He sarcastically laughed and said, "Glad you're having a good time."

"I am having a good time! I'm having the best time! I mean, what could go wrong?" Sonic cheerfully said.

Y/N was washing her hands when her gaze landed on the mirror in front of her. She looked at her image for a moment in deep thought. I'm having the most fun that I've had in a long time. It's all thanks to that hedgehog... That hedgehog that keeps on getting more interesting. A friend... A friend? Yeah, he's a friend. A friend that I'll have to let go just when we met. Way too soon.

Her gaze fell from the mirror and down to her hands under the running water. She turned off the faucet and grabbed a paper towel from the dispenser. As she turned to throw the paper away, she found herself stopping and taking in a quick breath. Her eyes closed as the air forcefully escaped through her nose. Surprised by the sneeze, she glanced at the mirror. For a second, she expected there to be a second one as well. That's how sneezes usually were. However, this seemed to be an isolated incident. Whatever fever she had caught seemed to only have one symptom so far. Throwing the paper away, she pushed open the door.

Walking back into the bar, she made her way between the tables and the people. Once close enough to their table, her eyebrows furrowed. "What's going on?" she asked out loud.

Just moments before she had left the bathroom, Tom had noticed three burly looking men standing behind Sonic staring at the two with irritated looks. As Sonic noticed Tom staring at something behind him, he turned around in his chair to see what was going on. As the two were looking at the men Tom asked, "Uh... Can we help you?"

The men just gave them looks until the middle one said, "We don't like your kind around here."

"Our kind? What kind is that?" Sonic questioned offended.

The man in the middle glared at him with an irritated look as he said, "Hipsters."

Sonic gasped, "How dare you?"

"Oh, hey, you know what? We were just leaving anyway, weren't we?" Tom quickly said.

"Yes, we were," Y/N agreed as she arrived at the table. She walked over to where she had previously sat and took a sip of her drink before saying, "Come on Sonic."

"There's not, not a problem," Tom continued trying to get out of the situation without causing anything bigger, but Sonic clearly had other plans.

"No, no, no! It's okay," he said turning to Tom.

"No, no, no, we're leaving," Tom protested but Sonic didn't care.

"I know exactly how to handle this situation," he said smugly and grabbed a bottle from the table before standing up on his chair. He turned to the men and cleared his throat before saying, "Pop quiz, hot shot. You just picked a fight with a poorly disguised hedgehog who's seen way too many action movies. What do you do? What do you do?"

He jumped up and hit the bottle against the man's head. The man didn't even flinch as his friends turned to look at him surprised by Sonic's actions. Sonic's expression also turned confused as he looked between the man and the bottle, "Huh. Am I crazy? It's supposed to break, right?" He raised the bottle up and hit it against the man again, "Dink." He tried again, Dink, dink." And then repeatedly with an increasing speed, "Break, please. Break, please. Break this bottle, please. Please, please, please, please, please..."