"let's keep this focused on you billie" he stutters making billie laugh.

"i'm joking. ask me another question" billie teases running her hands through her hair.

i then start to feel my phone buzz in the pocket of what was billies hoodie.

it's my mom.

took her a damn while to finally know i'm missing.

"i'm going to use the restroom" i say to maggie as she nods.

i step off the set before bringing the phone to my ear.

"harper?" she asks.

"what's up" i reply nonchalantly.

"where are you? mac said you were with a friend? i saw the charge for the plane ticket. unacceptable harper. right when you get home you are grounded" she says.

"mom, i'm not coming home anytime soon. i'm with my girlfriend billie on tour" i say like it was nothing.

"harper what the hell are you talking about? tour?" she says now raising her voice.

"yes mom. tour. t. o. u. r. tour" i say sarcastically knowing it'll piss her the fuck off. "billie eilish, look her up"

"i cancelled your debit card by the way. i'll book your flight back home" she says changing the subject off of tour.

"mom i'm not coming home" i say laughing into the phone.

"well, hopefully billie is financially stable to buy everything for you from now on" she says like it was a threat.

trust me, soon billie is going to be making more money than you and dad have ever dreamed of. but that's besides the point.

"i sold my car, got a credit card. mom i'm on my own now. i don't need your money anymore. i'm fine. i'm out of your life now" i say calmly.

she was the opposite of calm though.

"harper, you have graduation in a week, you are getting your ass back home and getting your diploma and finding a damn job like a normal highschool student" she says now yelling.  "and selling your car? that me and your father both bought you? we didn't have to do that."

"that dad bought?" is all i say back where she continues to yell.

"harper i'm not going to have this damn conversation with you. you are not missing your highschool graduation, i don't care if your on the other side of the country" she says still yelling.

"can you chill damn" i say not being able to hear her yelling anymore.

"don't tell me to chill, you are not going to fly across the country to travel or tour whatever the hell that is with some random girl. also you know liking the same sex is unacceptable right? she says.

okay. that set me off.

"you mom. you are the fucking reason i decided to fly across the country. and if dad and mac were in my position i can almost bet they would leave your crazy ass too. i'm not graduating, i'm staying here. i'm finishing tour with billie. i'm 18 i'm allowed to leave if i fucking want. bye mom" is all i say before hanging up the phone.