𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Start from the beginning

Malfoy ignored my comment and replied, "You looked really scared so I wanted to check on you."

I pursed my lips, "Why does it matter to you?"

"Um... it doesn't," Malfoy rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm not sure why I stayed. Can I walk you back to your common room?"

"I'm a big girl Malfoy, I can find my common room on my own," I replied and turned around. I bit the inside of my mouth and immediately started feeling guilty. I turned back to Malfoy and whispered, "Thank you."

"For what?"

I smiled, "For caring."

"I don't care Weasley," He scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Malfoy."

~~~

"Remember, these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege," McGonagall said sternly. "Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again."

We had to give Filch our permission slips and suddenly behind me Ron started patting his pockets frantically.

"Where's my slip?" He exclaimed. "We asked Mum to sign it, didn't we?"

I simply nodded and handed Filch my slip. I turned to Ron, held up his slip and winked, "You don't think I'd go without you, did you, bub?"

Ron sighed relieved, "What would I do without you?"

"For your sake, I hope we will never have to know," I joked.

"Those with permission, follow me. Those without, stay put," Filch announced. Harry walked up to McGonagall and tried to get her attention.

I started to walk off with Scarlett and Gia. It was quite chilly today. I had a sweater that Mum knitted for me on.

Ron and Hermione caught up to us and we all walked into the village. Hogsmead was absolutely beautiful.

"Where should we go first?" Gia asked, looking around.

"Honeydukes of course!" I clapped and ran towards the shop. Mum has given us a bit of spare money and if I was going to spend it on anything, I would spend it on sweets.

We walked into the shop and it was filled with students from Hogwarts. I walked over to an aisle where there were chocolate frogs. I counted my money and I saw I had enough. It was the only thing I really wanted anyway so I was very happy.

I headed over to the counter to pay and Malfoy was in front of me. I wasn't listening to him talk to the man at the counter and instead admired the shop. When Malfoy left, he shot me a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

When I was about to pay, the man at the counter refused my money and said, "On the house. Enjoy!"

Very confused, I answered, "Thank you, have a nice day."

I looked at Scarlett and Gia, "I'll be right back."

I ran after Malfoy, "Oi!"

He turned around, "What is it now Weasley? Can't seem to leave me alone now, can you?"

I scoffed, "I just wanted to know why you paid for my chocolate frog."

His eyes went wide for a second and returned back to normal, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

I smiled, "Thank you Malfoy. That's really nice of you. Why are you being so nice to me lately?"

He paused, "I honestly don't even know. I should probably go. Your friends are on their way here."

He pointed behind me and I saw Scarlett and Gia walking towards us. Malfoy walked away from me without another word.

"Why did you leave?" Gia asked.

I pointed to the building behind me, "I wanted to see the shrieking shack. It's the most haunted building in Britain. I've always wanted to see it."

"Hmm okay. Was that Malfoy walking away from you?" Gia raised her eyebrows.

"Malfoy was here? Did he say something horrible to you? I'll hex him," Scarlett already took her wand out her pocket.

I put a hand on Scarlett's shoulder, "Calm down. He didn't say anything bad. He paid for my chocolate frog, it was really nice of him."

"That's so odd," Gia commented. "Anyway are you guys done shopping?"

"I think so, I don't need anything," I replied. "Let's go back to the castle."

~~~

On our way to the common room, I heard Ron and Hermione telling Harry about Hogsmead. The staircase shifted and there were multiple people in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"What's going on?" Ron asked. Percy pushed through and was acting all entitled.

Ginny walked up to us, "The Fat Lady, she's gone!"

My eyes widened and I looked at the painting. There were rips and no woman inside. The portraits on the walls were all making so much noise.

Suddenly Dumbledore made his way through and stepped up to the painting. Filch pointed up to a painting with the Fat Lady hiding inside.

Everyone ran up a different staircase to look at the painting. The Fat Lady was hiding behind a painting of a few hippos.

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked, his eyes wide.

The Fat Lady whimpered, "Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here! Somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

I gasped and the Fat Lady went back into her hiding spot. I heard Dumbledore say, "Secure the castle, Mr Filch. The rest of you, to the Great Hall."

All the students made their way into the Great Hall. I had overheard from some Ravenclaws that we were going to sleep there tonight.

I was laying in between Scarlett and Gia and my eyes fluttered close. This is definitely not how I wanted my third year to go.