Chapter 7: The Fight on Devil's Hedge

" YOU WON'T WIN CHRISTY?!?!!!!"

" Really? Says the person who's pinned to the ground and so are all of your teammates. Elle can't you see when you're beaten?"

" I don't give up. I never will."

" Even when I have Alex?"

" W-What?"

" Surrender or I hurt him."

" ELLE JUST SURRENDER! HE'S AN INNOCENT BABY! HE DOESN'T NEED TO SUFFER FOR OUR MISTAKES!" April cries.

" But we can't let them win..."

" ELLE LISTEN TO APRIL! HE REALLY DOESN'T NEED TO GET HURT!"

I have a plan, Elle. Please play along... Elle hears April transmit to her.

" Fine...You win Christy. Just don't hurt him..."

" Good. You made the right choice. Stand down."

Everyone lets the team stand up and April grabs a rock as she does. She moves close to Elle and her dad. When she's close enough she grabs his wrist and smashes the device.

" Dad?.."

" Hey, Spring."

"You're back..."

" Christy... You won't get far if you run."

" Ur right..But ghost teleport.." Just then Ron hits Christy over the head and stalls her long enough to get cuffs on her.

" Ow- damn it.."

" ALEX! Thank goodness."

Elle holds her baby boy in her arms and Ron drags Christy back somewhere to be punished.

Years later Alex is a young bright eyed bushy tailed 5 year old, along with his twin 4 year old cousins, Emerald and Cody.

Alex, Cody, and Emerald watch their moms laugh at Uncle Donte's confused face when Emily says she is pregnant and out of the blue Alex asks, " Hey momma? What happened to Grandpa and Grandma?"

" Oh they passed away before you could meet them..." Elle sighs.

" Oh I'm sorry momma..."

" Aw it's okay sweetie."

" Hey Mommy?"

" Yes Emerald?"

" How did they die?"

April looks down at the ground and walks up the stairs to her room to paint.