II.5

"Hello, Iguro-san."

"Geh-" Obanai squinted his eyes at Yuna, who was waving at him. "Did you come here to ask me to train you again?"

"No, I don't need that anymore." Yuna shook her head.

"Oh? That's good to hear. I wouldn't want to waste my time training Shinazugawa's pupil." Obanai rolled his eyes.

"What? Are you envious because he has a student and you don't?" Yuna asked with a snicker and Obanai glared at her.

"Relax, you still have Kaburamaru while Kabutomaru has become Kabutomaru the 4th now."

"... Did it die four times in a year?"

"Beetles live for about four months." Yuna said. "You should've seen Shinazugawa-san's face when it died."

"Hah. That would've been interesting to watch."

"By the way, I heard from him that there's a new Pillar." Yuna said.

"Yeah. A new Flame Pillar. He's a good guy. It's amazing how fast time flies. It's already a year since I became a Pillar myself..." Obanai said. "Speaking of which, the new guy left the headquarters with Shinazugawa earlier. They looked friendly with each other."

"Shinazugawa-san said he has a girl as a successor so he's talking about letting me meet with her and such."

"Isn't that nice? You might get a new friend around your age. Everyone around you are mostly grown ups." Obanai said.

"... Are you talking about yourself?" Yuna raised a brow.

"What? I'm already an adult."

"Well I don't see you as one."

"Anyway, I have to go buy some food supplies now. See you later, Iguro-san!" Yuna left him before he could slice her into bits.

"What a bratty kid... She really does take after Shinazugawa." Obanai clicked his tongue while Kaburamaru casually nodded as if he understood him.

Yuna strolled around the shops, buying some vegetables with her allowance from Sanemi. As she walked through the streets, she spotted her master with an unfamiliar boy. Just a single look at him and she already knew he was the new Pillar. The two of them were talking together until Sanemi noticed Yuna. He raised his hand toward her and gestured her to come over.

"This is the girl who's training under me." Sanemi said as Yuna walked over to them.

"Oh!" The man's golden eyes looked at Yuna. His smile went wider as he nodded. "She looks strong!"

"He's the new Flame Pillar." Sanemi told Yuna.

"My name is Rengoku Kyojurou! Nice to meet you!" The orange haired young man exclaimed.

"Kisaragi Yuna." She bowed at him.

"So I heard you're going to depart for the Final Selection tonight." Rengoku said and Yuna nodded.

"You don't have anything to worry about!" He smiled.

"Of course." Yuna smiled back.

"Of course my ass." Sanemi rolled his eyes. "You are going to train with him today. Make sure to listen to him and-"

"I thought I can take a day off from training today?" Yuna asked.

"I don't remember saying that." Sanemi said.

"... I have passed your ridiculously hard training, I've finished Uzui-san's stamina training, I've learnt sword skills from Iguro-san, I even moved a boulder and sliced through it."