II

Following C-3PO, Tatoni enters the large room where most meetings are held. There weren't many people in the room other than a few, who she assumed were really important, and Tatoni quickly felt out of place, as she stood in the room surrounded by people she'd never talked to, covered in her dark brown work clothes with grease and oil on her and a black smear across her face, her big curly black hair on her shoulders and back, almost being more of a mess of knots than a mess of curls it usually was.

General Organa stood up as she saw Tatoni walk in, a soft smile appeared on her face. Tatoni quickly approached the general, "General Organa, you asked for me?" Tatoni took a seat that Leia offered as she sat down.

"You know you can call me Leia, Tatoni."

"Sorry, general- I mean, Leia." Tatoni stuttered as she looked around. She had been in the room before, about three years back, when she had wanted to be an important person. She used to visit many meetings beside her mother but realized soon after she wasn't needed in the meetings and was instead needed out by the ships.

"I feel it only proper you call me Leia, as you're practically the daughter I never had," Leia said with a soft smile as she offered Tatoni a cup of juice. "How is Evary?"

"Oh, moms doing fine. Always doing what she does best." Tatoni said with a smile as she took a sip from the cup.

"We are lucky we have such a good medic. Most of our men would be dead if it weren't for your mom," she said and Tatoni simply nodded. She only knew very little about healing things and quick stitching, mostly the basics. If it were to her mom, Tatoni would be in the medical field by her side, but she always had a knack for mechanics, just like her dad.

"There would also be many ships lost if we didn't have you," Leia said as she pulled her datapad from the table beside her.

This is what Tatoni dreaded. Leia brought her in here to fire her. She did something wrong. Did someone blow another engine, did Rusk ruin another ship? She had at the very least taught him to get help if there was smoke.

"Which brings me to why I brought you here," Leia said as she looked at the datapad, yet she looked up at Tatoni with a concerned look. "Tatoni, you're not in trouble, there's no reason to be nervous."

Tatoni looked up and took a deep breath, relieved. "Then what is it?"

"Your skills in engines are not overlooked by anyone, so you were assigned a mission."

Tatoni spat out the juice in her mouth into the cup in her hand, before tentatively wiping her mouth. "A mission?"

"Yes." Leia hummed into her drink as she smiled at Tatoni's reaction.

"As in, I'm going out... On a mission?"

"Yes, and you won't be going alone. You will have three crewmates." she lifted up a paper and read over the names. "Riley Ampa, Poe Dameron, and Tallie-"

"Wait... A real live mission?" Tatoni asked once more and Leia nodded. "With Tallie?" a nod. Tatoni began to beam as she sat back in her seat. "Does mom know?"

Leia shook her head as she took a sip from her mug. "No, but the mission isn't very dangerous. You will be going to a neutral planet to get the word about a missing fighter with Poe. The other two will be on another job on the same planet."

Tatoni didn't know Poe but she did know Tallie. If only the two could work with each other instead of being partnered up with some pilot. Still, Leia was her General so she nodded her head in agreement.

"Now, why haven't you visited when your mom comes for our once in a lifetime dinners?" Leia asked.

"Ah, I've been very busy with work."

"Always with the Dajia family being workaholics." Leia smiled warmly.

For as long as Tatoni could remember, Leia and her mother were the best of friends. Her mom would tell Tatoni stories of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Chewie causing trouble on planets and her mom and Leia coming to their rescue.

It all seemed so long ago.