Three| Open For Business

HARLOW SIGHED AS THE SUNLIGHT beamed through her off white colored drapes

HARLOW SIGHED AS THE SUNLIGHT beamed through her off white colored drapes. Staying in bed she listened to the sound of the birds as she examined her room. Her bed was in the center with white sheets sprawled messily due to her wild sleeping, the window held a beautiful view of her backyard, showcasing the garden she was beyond excited to work in with a desk that had paperwork for the diner and house in front of it with a few unpacked boxes on the side, her closet door was opened just enough to where you can see her clothes that were put away neatly.

She stood, shivering as the cold hardwood floor made contact with her feet. As she quickly made her bed and placed all of her pillows where they belong, she turned to her nightstand and grabbed her wrist watch from her father and held it tight in her hands. Smiling at the picture that was sitting on top of her at eight years old with two adults smiling widely at Harlow's goofy face.

She made her way to her closet and opened the doors, going for the clothes all the way on the left side that consisted of her work clothes. She tugged them off the hanger and walked to her bathroom, leaving the door cracked and started her shower for it to heat up. As she waited, she delicately brush out her hair, making sure to be easy on the tangles that appeared over night, she began to see the mirror cloud with steam and decided to jump in the shower as she hummed a tune she heard on the radio.

Harlow's shower was no more than fifteen minutes before she stepped out carefully, tugging the shower curtain closed behind her. She walks to her sink and ran her hand across the mirror to get rid of the steam, smiling at her reflection. She quickly dried off and put on her undergarments before slipping into her teal skirt that was flared at the bottom, a matching short sleeved button down that was tucked into her skirt neatly. She straightens out her collar before going going to the living room.

When she entered she was startled to see a body laying in her couch, a Demi jacket over their chest to act as a blanket while they curled in a ball. She walked closer and pushed the messy black hair out of Johnny's face, seeing a new bruise form on his left cheek.

She sighed and gently ran her finger over his face, upset this poor boy was beat. It's been about a week since they met, and Johnny already spent three nights at her house, to scared to go back home. She walked to the chair in the other side, grabbing a blanket and placing it on top before going to the hall closet, where she bought a change of clothes for Johnny, placing them in the bathroom for when he wakes.

She hums softly before going to the kitchen, deciding to make banana pancakes. Getting all the ingredients into the counter she began to sing louder. "I'll be no good without you, baby." She sang as she mixed the pancake mix together.

"Cause I'll be crying when you close the door, 'cause I know, I know when you go-" she spun in a circle as she waited for her last pancake to finish, a plate holding twelve big and fluffy pancakes, the bacon cooked perfectly that sat on a separate dish. When she took off the last pancake, she turned off the stove before bringing both plates to the table, a bowl of cut mixed fruit in the center.