"Dawn, meet my publicist." Paul uttered, barely phased by the environment he was in. Of course, the woman by his side also resembled that of a shark, so she was unsure of what to make of the situation, solely giving a smile.

The lights dimmed. It was showtime.

+++

They had already won a surprising amount of the awards that they were nominated for. Dawn and Paul shared a few proud nods.

Best Lighting Design.

Best Orchestrations.

Best Choreography.

Best Direction of A Musical.

There were other categories she couldn't make out because soon enough the three were escorted to the backstage area where they had to quickly change into costume.

Ash and Dawn were talking above the quick change booths, Dawn merely adjusting her stockings. Her first costume was pretty easy to don. "Can you believe it?"

She could hear Ash's enthusiasm, "I know! We've won 4 categories so far! I'm all pumped to perform now!"

All the boys were wearing their suits, that was very apparent as the blunette exited the booth. Out of habit, the girl ran up to Barry and embraced him in a bounding hug. Shaking off her embarrassment, she hugged everyone else in the cast, ending with May.

May whispered, "Have we won anything?"

Dawn smiled, jumping up and down, "Four so far! Lighting, Choreo, Direction, and Orchestrations."

"Cast of Spring Awakening, this is your two minute warning," the backstage speaker rang. Paul had just exited his quick change booth and Ash pretty much followed suit, in a bit more of a hurry.

May grabbed the blunette's hand, "Here we go."

Dawn, much like the beginning of the show, was starting their Tony performance on stage alone.

She was directed in the darkness to where she would stand. And soon the host announced, "And now: The cast of Spring Awakening!"

Spotlight, camera, directly on her. But she wasn't nervous, not in the slightest. Her character had developed so much in this past month of performing as Wendla, it was easy to transition to her.

Her voice was clear and the innocence of her portrayal was apparent, but soon broken, as the rest of the ladies joined her with their microphones in hand, ready to rock out.

Soon they disappeared to the wings as the boys did their song, but in a matter of moments they were back on for the most iconic number of the show: Totally Fucked.

The audience ate it up! The energy in the room was electrifying and magnified by the cast.

They were quickly ushered offstage when they were finished. Dawn, Paul, and Ash all had to dress into their Awards Show Attire while the rest of the cast got bussed away.

+++

"And the Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical goes to... Ash Ketchum! Spring Awakening!"

Ash rushed onstage to give a speech. Dawn was so immensely proud of him. The fact that she'd worked with him previously to now, the moment he won his first Tony, was absolutely insane.

The next award that was announced was Best Score, and with good news as well. Frankly, the girl couldn't fathom Spring Awakening receiving so much love, it was absolutely insane.

Next one to be announced was Best Leading Actress in a Musical, what Dawn was up for her. Her heart began to pound, actually nervous for this announcement.

She didn't get it. And that was okay. The girl was nineteen years old and intended to stay in the business a very long time.

Next was Paul. He didn't win either. And he seemed okay with this news. He nodded in appreciation of even being considering.

The night ended wonderfully. With two more wins. Best Book of A Musical and Best Musical.

Spring Awakening was 2020's Best Musical.