Chapter 10: Together Again, With You

"What are you doing here?" Ri Jeong Hyeok surprised to see Yoon Se-ri. "How did you come here?" he asked Se-ri.

"Can we start asking questions later, I just need to go to the bathroom," Yoon Se-ri said while trying to hold her pee.

Se-ri is gesturing Ri Jeong Hyeok to move aside so she can enter the bathroom.

"I think you are confused. This is the men's bathroom. The women's bathroom is over there," Ri Jeong Hyeok said while pointing on the right.

Yoon Se-ri embarrassed, smiled at Jeong Hyeok and hurriedly walked towards the women's bathroom. Ri Jeong Hyeok put out a brief smile.

***

Yoon Se-ri went outside the bathroom and found that Ri Jeong Hyeok is waiting for her.

"What are you doing here?" Ri Jeong Hyeok asked.

"I'm here for the Inter-Korean Sports Tournament. Queens Corporation and Se-ri's Choice are one of the major sponsors of the event," Yoon Se-ri said. "How about you, why are you here?" she asked Jeong Hyeok.

"I'm one of the committee officials of the tournament," Jeong Hyeok said.

"I see," Se-ri uttered.

They stared at each other smiling and still in shock.

Pyo Chi-Su is walking towards Se-ri and said, "Se-ri let's go, there are people waiting for you." As he walked closely, he was surprise to see Ri Jeong Hyeok. "Captain Ri!" he exclaimed.

"How about we continue catching up later so as not to raise any suspicions around us," Ri Jeong Hyeok told them. "I'll go in first," he said.

He turned around and made his way to the welcome hall.

"Hmm. . .Why is he so serious?" Yoon Se-ri said.

"Don't you remember? He is the son of the Director of General Political Bureau. Just by looking at the uniform he is wearing, I'm guessing that he already has a position in the government," Pyo Chi Su told Yoon Se-ri.

"Anyway, let's go inside," Se-ri said.

As Yoon Se-ri enters the welcome hall, her eye caught Director Ri looking at her. The Head official of South Korea gestured at Yoon Se-ri to come to their table.

"Director Ri, this is Ms. Yoon Se-ri. Her family's corporation and her independent company are one of the major sponsors for this week-long event," the Head Official of South Korea said.

Yoon Se-ri respectfully bowed to Director Ri.

"An honor to meet you Sir and also be part of this historical event," Yoon Se-ri said.

"The honor is ours as well. Please take a seat and enjoy the welcome lunch," Director Ri said while gesturing her to seat at the table next to them.

She looked at the table and saw Ri Jeong Hyeok seated there. Yoon Se-ri excused herself and took her seat next to Ri Jeong Hyeok.

"You look splendid," Ri Jeong Hyeok softly said to Yoon Se-ri.

"You look dashing as well," she said softly.

They both briefly smiled professionally at each other. Under the table, Ri Jeong Hyeok reached for Se-ri's hand and held it for as long as he could.

They looked happy and flustered while listening to the welcome remarks of the Inter-Korean Sports tournament officials from both countries. At the end of the program, Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri stood up and respectfully bowed to each other. They looked at each other, wondering what to say, until Ri Jeong Hyeok said, "I'll see you."