Chapter eight- I Got Your Back

Start from the beginning

     "Well, first you stabbed the food with your fork, then lift the fork to your mouth and let the teeth take over." Nicky explained.

     Olivia giggled. 

     "I know how to eat. It's just, I don't know what they meant about being on the team and not being on 'the team'."

     "Look, there's an empty seat. Just go over, sit down, and start talking." Nicky encouraged. "You just learned how to eat. That's a conversation starter."

     Dawn nodded. "You're right. I'm going in." She stood up and walked over to the soccer girls.

     Olivia frowned when she saw the soccer girls leave, and Dawn was not walking and laughing with them.

     After school, Dawn, Nicky, and Olivia walked into the store.

     Dawn had her head bowed, sad about not making 'the team'.

     "Dawn, I know you didn't make 'the team', but at least you made the team." Nicky told her.

     "Sweetie! That's incredible!" Anne hugged her daughter. "I'm so proud of you! We knew you'd make it. See?"

     Tom showed a really messed up cake. "The receipts and security tags are  just for decoration."

     "What about you, hun?" Amanda asked Olivia.

     "Well, I hate to say..." She smiled. "I made it!"

     Amanda and Andrew smiled and showed her a cake that had pom poms and cheer stuff that says, 'Congrats!'

     "Thanks, guys." Dawn said.

     "Let's go clean you a piece of cake." Anne took the cake and went to the kitchen part, the three kids and Amanda following with the cheer cake.

     The next day at school, Nicky and Olivia helped Dawn with her making 'the team'.

     "Excuse me, do you know what time it is?" Nicky asked the soccer girls. "Cause I do."

     "It's wow o'clock and Dawn's buying!" Olivia finished.

     They walked back to their table while Dawn went to the soccer girls dressed like a mime.

     That day wan't successful either, so they tried again the next day.

     Nicky and Olivia were talking about some test when a bowl of pudding fell on Nicky's head.

     "Nicky!" Dawn yelled, running over. "I'm so sorry. I'll get napkins."

     Dawn ran off to get napkins, while Olivia stayed with Nicky to help as much as she can.

     "Don't worry everybody." Nicky told the crowd that was forming. "My sister's getting me napkins as we speak. She's totally got my back."

     Dawn sat down at the soccer table, not getting her brother napkins, which made Olivia mad and sad at the same time.

     "Oh, guess she doesn't." Nicky started to walk away.

     Olivia ran and got some napkins, glaring at Dawn a little as she did so. She ran back to Nicky and gave him the napkins. "Here."

     "Thanks Livy." He smiled a little and took the napkins. "Don't be mad at Dawn, okay? I'm not mad, and this way she gets to be on 'the team'."

     Olivia nodded, even though she was a little mad at Dawn.

     Nicky ended up leaving for the rest of the day, and when school was out, Olivia ran to the store to check on him.]

     "Hey!" She greeted when she found him. "How are you?"