"I don't understand."

"He's such an arsehole."
"You don't know him Sam." I rolled my eyes.
"May I just point out here, neither do you." Sam muttered and rolled his eyes. "You just give him his drink and watch him like a lost puppy."
"Shut up, he'll probably hear you." I frowned and Sam scoffed.
"He's not here." He mumbled and walked off to clean an empty table.
"He will be. Soon." I shrugged and walked out to the back of the shop to refill the espresso machine.

I was just finishing as Sam came out back.
"You have a visitor."

I quickly pushed my hair out of my eyes, tying my apron on again and rushing back out to the shop.
"Oh, you're back." I smiled slightly at Maria, the waitress who had been off sick. Mr Daydream's waitress. I was tempted to ask if she knew him, but I kept my mouth shut, handing her her apron as she complained about how ill she'd been. I liked Maria. She was nice. However, I didn't like the fact that now I'd have no excuse to talk to Mr Daydream. Not knowing his name was starting to get annoying too.
As if he read my mind, Sam appeared, chewing on the end of a pencil.
"That weirdo you serve, creepy guy who stares at nothing. What's he called?" He asked and she frowned.
"I don't know. Why?"

"He's asking for you. Said he needs to speak to you.." Sam shrugged and disappeared again, leaving me with Maria.

"So you don't know him?" I asked and Maria looked at me, baffled.

"No. I just always end up serving him." She shrugged and sighed, tying her hair up quickly and walking out to the front of the shop.

I frowned, reaching into my apron and taking out the small red envelope.
"What's that?" Sam asked, peering over my shoulder as he poured a drink.
"It was from that guy.. For Maria.. He asked me to give it to her.." I murmured, toying with the envelope before putting it back into my pocket.
"I'll give it to her later. She's busy now." I shrugged and pushed my hair out of my eyes, taking a tray of drinks round to the front of the shop. I was too busy chewing on my lip and staring into space that I didn't see 'Mr. Daydream' walk in. In fact, I wasn't made aware of his presence until we collided in the middle of the shop, the tray of drinks crashing to the ground between us.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I said quickly, but he didn't respond. He just crouched down to pick up the tray. As I knelt down opposite him to clear up the mess I thought I caught him smiling, but he looked away too quickly for me to be sure.
"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." He murmured softly, handing me the tray.
"No, it was my fault. Don't worry about it." I reassured him, feeling a flush of warmth across my cheeks as I stood up. "Maria is back.. Would you like me to send her out?" I asked, collecting the last of the cups as Sam came out with a mop. The stranger, if I was qualified to call him that anymore, simply shook his head and smiled before turning and walking out of the shop.
"I'm telling you, there's something weird about that guy. Stay away." Sam mumbled and sighed.

I didn't get to speak to Maria until the end of my shift. I waited until she was out back before taking out the envelope.
"Maria.. The guy you serve gave me this the other day.. He asked me to give it to you." I shrugged casually, faking disinterest.
Maria frowned slightly and took the envelope from me, opening it.
"Did he say what it was?" She asked and I shook my head.
She pulled out a silver bracelet, her eyes widening slightly in shock as she glanced up at me.
"I don't understand. I lost this months ago.." She mumbled, frowning slightly.
"Why did he have it?"
I frowned slightly picking up my keys and bag.
"Maybe you should ask him about it next time he's here.." I shrugged.
"I will." She nodded and bit her lip. "Definitely."