↳ 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐈

Start from the beginning

A rough beginning was something that was hard to turn around, that much the man had known. But to have no one on your side from the moment you were born was a whole other problem. The ability to confine in someone didn't exist fore the person wouldn't know to confine in someone in the first place.

As she continued to willingly speak her past before becoming a demon the Hashira couldn't help but feel towards her. With every word she spoke it felt as if the thought of killing her became further and further out of his own mind.

"I was born mute"

"You were unable to speak? Then how are you now?"

"Something that came with being a demon. I'm sure my muteness had something to do with my mother. But even so I couldn't help it. So when I tried to ask for things I had to write it down but people would only tell me to speak. It was an endless and cruel cycle I lived with knowing nothing other than that."

Without warning the demon began to have violent flashbacks of her family life. The faces of not only her family but also the town people that she grew up with. Their faces clouded over having not spent time with them other than being called names and harassed.

"I was forced to eat what I could find, no matter how disguising or disease filled it was. That's what ended up leading me to what felt like my death bed"

'Death bed?'

Giyuu questioned, his eyes refusing to go anywhere else but the girl. Almost as if trying to tell her to keep going without stopping. The story was coming out smoothly but he didn't know how much longer she'd be able to keep that up.

Especially when he noticed her nails became longer. Scratching at the cup he had given to her. Her arms trembling a bit as her grip on the cup became even tighter.

"I was dying, from what I'm assuming was disease from all the unwashed and unclean food I had digested over the years. It was hard to walk, hard to stand even at the point I was at. Honestly, I was just ready to sit there and die. But then Master showed up"

"That's when he came?"

"Yes, he saved me. He offered me help when I needed it most and being the person I was I said yes to it without a second thought. Kindness wasn't ever shown to me growing up. I didn't know my mother and my father and brother hated me. There wasn't an ounce of kindness until he came along"

Her head turned to the side, almost as if not wanting to look at the Hashira anymore. Though he didn't know why only the girl did. Her lip trembled as she compiled words she wanted to say. Wondering if it would be best for her to even say them at all.

But she never got the chance to say them. Not before Giyuu had seemingly figured out what she wanted to say all on his own. No doubt from knowing what a demon survives off of.

"You killed your family, didn't you?"