REAL-LIFE

Joey thought the flight went better than expected. She is comfortable with Oscar but not so much with people that she just met. Something about Pedro made her feel comfortable. He was easy to talk to, even if it's just small talk. He is also a good listener. He is able to tell stories that keep you intrigued at all times.

     The Trio discussed the movie that they were about to start 'Triple Frontier' and where Oscar and Pedro first met. Oscar wanted to sleep on the flight so that left Joey and Pedro to be alone. They decided to watch 'Wall-E' after some hesitation from Joey.

     "But wall-e is such a sad movie, I don't want to cry in front of you" Joey complained though she was slightly joking around.

     "Hey, I'm going to cry too. We're in this together," he responds, knowing that this movie makes him cry every time. Pedro was put off that she didn't want to cry in front of him, he questioned if she thought crying was a weakness or if showing vulnerability was an issue; and if it was for everyone, or just him. "It's okay to cry y'know? It's perfectly normal"

     "I just find it easier to keep everything in, I don't want to bother people with my problems." she adds.

     "People who care about you won't think that it's bothersome. If you ever need to talk, I'm all ears. And I'm sure Oscar wants you to communicate with him. It'll be better than keeping it all in, I did that too, and it only made me feel worse." he said, he gets what she's going through, he had it hard but talking to someone lifted some of the weight off his shoulders.

     Joey took a look at Pedro, he had a soft smile on his lips; a smile that showed he genuinely cared about her. In a world where she felt so alone, it was nice to know that someone besides her family cared. Her stomach felt like it was flipping the more she thought about him. "Thank you, Pedro"