forty six

"How do I hold it?" I asked as I tried to adjust my grip on the handle, causing DeMarius to just laugh as he helped me.

"There." He said as he laughed. "Good to go."

"I don't know how I let you talk me into this?" I sighed, lowering the camera to relax my arm to a minute.

The boy shrugged, holding his hands up in defense. "Don't look at me. The fans demanded it. Besides, don't you already make videos?"

"I do, but the boys do most of the filming. You could probably guess why." My friend laughed at my comment. "This just...this is still kind of weird to me. I'm still pretty awkward."

DeMarius shrugged. "Just don't think about it." Before I could reply, the boy's phone went off and he pulled it out of his pocket to look at it. "Oh, shoot. I'm going to be late for rehearsal. I'll see you later, Kay."

With that said, he was out the door, leaving me alone, seeing as Parker and Dallas were out exploring the city. I looked down at the camera in my hands before taking a deep breath and hitting record.

"Hey, guys!" I said happily, giving a small wave. "Due to pretty popular demand, I have decided to start vlogging...maybe. I'm just going to film our last week or so here in San Antonio and, I don't know, test it out?"

I walked over in front of the window, looking outside before turning back and looking in the camera lens, knowing I was probably really awkward seeming.

"Anyways, the newsboys are all at rehearsal, and I honestly have know idea where the two bozos are." I shrugged, laughing softly. "So, you guys get to hang out with me. But honestly, I might just hang around and wait for the guys to get back before I film anything else, but who knows. And I probably sound like a crazy person to the people next door, talking to myself and all, so I'll see you guys in a second."

I stopped the recording, sighing before tossing the camera on the bed. As I did so, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. When I pulled it out, I saw a message that made my heart beat slightly faster.

Momma Llama
Appointment has been made for April 6th.
It's the Monday after you get back.

Me
alright
what time?

Mom Llama
8:30am

I sighed softly and looked up from my phone, thanking my mom quickly before I pocketed my phone. My bottom lip found it's way between my teeth as I thought, thinking about the many ways that appointment could go down.