『 4 』

~Kihyun~

It was my first day at my new job and I like it. It wasn't like any of my previous jobs. He is literally an angel.

I wanted to stay a bit longer but I need to check the time.

"Hyunwoo-ah, what time is it?" I asked.

He looked at his wristwatch, "8:30"

"8:30? Oh no, I got to go, I'm very sorry, see you tomorrow." I grabbed his schedule and the notebook that his mom gave to me and I ran until I reached my house, I unlocked the door and let myself in.

I only have half an hour left until my father comes home.

I grabbed the ingredients and cooked him dinner. It took a lot of time but I still managed to finish it before he comes home.

I was cleaning up when I heard the door open. I looked at who it was and it was my father.

"Hi, Dad" I went up to him and greeted him with a smile.

He straight up ignored me, I don't know why I was expecting him to give me a hug or greet me at least.

He went to the table while I gave him his dinner.

He grabbed the spoon and scooped a good amount of food.

I was expecting him to like it.

"What the hell is this? I'm so tired from work and this is what I get? Be useful for once, this is all you have to do and you can't even do it right."

My father stood up and slammed the plate on the floor, making it shatter in pieces along with the food.

He went to his room while I proceeded to clean up the mess.

I didn't even realize that tears were already streaming down my face.

Why do I feel so useless?

My father doesn't even care about me after he goes to his room, he'll never come out until the next morning.

I continued to clean, preventing myself from the sharp pieces.

I heard someone opened the door, it was my friends.

"Are you okay?" Wonho asked.

"Did he hurt you?" Hyungwon asked, they all went to me and checked if I have bruises or wounds.

"Stop crying, you need to be strong, come on, let's stay at my house," Minhyuk said.

They helped me clean up the mess before going back to Minhyuk's house next door.

They gave me a cup of water that I drank all at once.

"Thank you"

"What happened?" Wonho questioned.

"He didn't like the taste of what I cooked." I didn't want to tell them all the other things he said right after.

They were calming me down when I heard a knock on the front door.

Hyungwon walked to the door and welcomed the visitor.

"Hello......" I heard a familiar voice.

"Kihyun?" the visitor came up to me and came me a warm embrace.

It was Jooheon, I recognized his embrace.

"Jooheon? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Hyungwon told me" he replied.

"Now tell me what happened." he placed his hand on my face and started to wipe off the tears.

"It's my father again......." I started to break down once again.

"Oh, shhh, don't cry, you don't have to tell me about it anymore."

He was the only person who can calm me down.

I haven't heard anything from Minhyuk, maybe he was terrified of Jooheon.

"Have you eaten? You should eat. You're becoming like Hyungwon."

"Yah, Jooheon-ah, I'm naturally skinny." Hyungwon tried to defend himself.

"Have all of you already eaten?" Jooheon asked.

"No" they all answered.

Jooheon grabbed his phone and called someone. "The food will be here, just wait for a few minutes."

I looked at Minhyuk, he was just standing there, being his unusual self. It's very funny to see him stand like a statue.

The food arrived after a few minutes, Jooheon ordered my favorite food, chicken.

I remember one time that when I won a game that will determine what we eat and Minhyuk drop-kicked me for picking chicken.

After we ate, Jooheon checked up on me if I was alright and when I told him that I was, he left.

"Minhyuk, what happened to you? You didn't talk." I said.

"I'm scared of him."

"He took care of Kihyun, what are you scared of?" Wonho asked.

"I don't know, he's scary. He has a bad boy look."

"Minhyuk, he's a real-life angel. You two are almost the same people." Hyungwon said and I agree to him.

"No, we are not."

"Get to know him, and. I'll prove that I'm wrong." Hyungwon yawned, it was time for him to sleep.

He practically lives in Minhyuk's house. He was always home alone and he needs someone to wake him up in the morning.

He first stayed with Jooheon. Jooheon made him hear an annoying alarm that made Hyungwon leave the place.

While Minhyuk has a natural alarm, he can wake up anyone with his voice.

Hyungwon felt sleepy so he went to the bedroom.

There were bunk beds in the room, Hyungwon sleeps on the top while Minhyuk sleeps on the bottom.

"Kihyun, Have you seen the new kid? He's friends with Jooheon and Changkyun." Minhyuk said.

"So?" I asked.

"How did he became friends with them? They are like the bad boys in school."

"Minhyuk, for the one-thousandth time, they are not bad boys," I replied.

"Eh, I beg to differ."

"Whatever"

I also kinda live in Minhyuk's house and I have my own room because when I was young my parents always leave me here while they're away for a few days.

That's how I became friends with Minhyuk.