"Excuse me, Miladies," William said.

"William, will you find Anna and tell her I've gone upstairs?" Sybil asked.

"And tell her I can manage," Eve told him.

"Very good, Milady," He said.

"Thank you, William," Eve said before she and Sybil go upstairs.

When Eve entered her room, Hera greeted her. Eve kneeled and hugged her beloved German Shepard. Hera whined when the hug ended and gave Eve a sad look.

"I know you want me to pick you up, but you've gotten too big for me to do that, Hera," Eve told her.

Eve cleaned up, and as she waited for the dressing gong to be rung, she placed her typewriter on her desk and worked on her book. When the gong was rung, a little later than usual, Eve got changed.

In the dining room, the tension that was in the room was dense. Sybil and Eve were discussing their trip to Ripon and the upcoming by-election. And Robert was not too happy about it.

"I gather you went to hear the Liberal candidate today?" He asked.

"There were several speakers, actually. He was the last," Sybil replied.

"Did he speak well?"

"I thought so," Sybil answered.

"He spoke with passion about the votes for women," Eve answered.

"But there was quite a brouhaha," Robert continued.

"You know what these things can be like," Sybil said.

"I do," Robert bangs down his fork and knife on his plate, "Which is why I am astonished you should not feel it necessary to ask my permission to attend!" He exclaimed, "I assume this was Branson's scheme."

"No," Sybil and Eve defended.

"I confess, I was amused at the idea of an Irish radical for a chauffeur, but I see now I have been naïve," He continued.

"I told Branson to take Sybil and Eve," Cora spoke.

"What are you saying?!" Robert questioned.

"Sybil and Eve needed to go to Ripon. I asked Branson to drive them. I thought it would be sensible, in case there was trouble," She explained.

"We want to do some canvassing. The by-election isn't far off," Sybil revealed.

"Canvassing?" Violet asked.

"Oh, it's quite safe. You're in a group and you knock on doors," Eve clarified.

"Yes, I know what canvassing is," She said.

"I think that Sybil and Eve are--" Mary began.

"What? Are you canvassing, too? Or would you rather take in washing?" Violet challenged.

"I was only going to say that Sybil and Eve are entitled to their opinions," Mary explained.

"No! They are not until they are married. Then their husbands will tell them what their opinions are," Violet argued.

"Oh, Granny!" Mary exclaimed.

"We knew you wouldn't approve," Sybil and Eve muttered.

"Which presumably is why you all hid your plans from me," Robert bellowed.

Thomas removes the first course. There was silence at the table for a while before Violet broke it.

"Does this mean you won't be presented next month?" Violet questioned her youngest granddaughter.