XII. Return to the Capital

Comenzar desde el principio

"Shut your exploding tongue! Someone might hear you!" Inosuke yelled.

"Shut up also!" Katsuki yelled back.

"An emissary is visiting from the capital. Roswaal-sama is attending to them now. Please join him, Emilia-sama." Ram said.

"An emissary?" Emilia asked.

"I believe it concerns the royal selection." Ram replied, making Emilia look at her with a blank face.

"All right. Given the circumstances, I'll try not to do anything stupid." Subaru said while stretching himself.

"Um, I'm really sorry, Subaru, but this will be a very important discussion." Emilia said as the two now leave Subaru. He now approached the old man who cleans the dragon carriage with a friendly grin.

"Aren't you bored waiting out here?" Subaru asked while offering the old man a tea.

"Well, in Subaru's world, when there is a visitor waiting from the outside, they usually offer them something to eat or drink for them not to feel that they are left behind. And I believe you royalties must have that manner." Madara said.

"I don't know if we do." Anastasia said.

"Same to us either." Crusch added.

"We--" Priscilla was stopped by Katsuki.

"We don't need your opinion, you really won't entertain your visitors with manners, I suppose." Katsuki said.

"Tch. Annoying bastard." Priscilla uttered.

"What did you say?!" Katsuki angrily asked.

"Now, now. GET OVER HERE!!!" Scorpio exclaimed as his pinchers lifted Priscilla from her seat and now hangs her on the ceiling with her dress ripped.

"H-Hey! P-Please help me!" Priscilla cried.

"I told you. But did you listen? Noooooo." Al whispered to himself and facepalms.

"She deserves that... I guess?" Anastasia chuckled.

"I'll just drop her when she makes her appearance in this episode." Scorpio said.

"Please! I beg you, bring me down!" Priscilla cried.

"It tastes lovely. I feel as though I'm indulging in a great luxury." The old man said.

"No kidding. It's the most expensive tea in the mansion. If the pink-haired maid finds out we drank it without permission, she'll flip." Subaru said.

"Eh?! Barusu..." Ram angrily muttered as everyone laughed at her.

"It's fiiiiine. At least we have shown to everyone that we have manners towards our visitors. Right, Priscillaaaaa?" Roswaal asked.

"Shut up! Let me go off this ceiling!" Priscilla cried.

'You deserve that!' The villagers thought.

"And what is it you hope to gain from buttering up this old man with such precious bait?" The old man asked.

"I only want to know the reason for this visit. If you could just pass me a tiny little hint..." Subaru said.

"As I have no idea what your standing is in this mansion, I cannot afford to speak carelessly. I beg your understanding." The old man said, making Subaru feel down.

"However, I did see that you are quite close to Emilia-sama." The old man added.

"Did it look like things were serious between Emilia-tan and me?!" Subaru asked in his laughing and weird manner.