Chapter 8

"Pete, we're here!" Ned says excitedly, as the bus pulled up to the front of the Avengers Tower (with Stark Industries inside).

Ned grabs Peter's arm, pulling him up from his seat, and started to excitedly pull the boy towards the exit of the school bus, along with all of the other excited students.

As they got out, Ned jumps from foot to foot, waiting for the teacher to finish rollcall, so they could all enter the building. As they were waiting, MJ walks over, and raises her eyebrows at the excited boy.

"Sup, losers," MJ says, in her normal monotone voice. "What's with him?"

Peter shrugs and replies, "He's over excited, as usual. He still can't believe that we're meeting the Avengers later."

MJ nods and watches Ned with a slight amused expression, while peter chuckles at his excitable best friend.

"Alright, guys!" Mr. Harrington announces. "We're all set to go in, but remember! Listen to what their rules are, and abide by them!"

Mr. Harrington then turns around and leads us in through the automatic doors, that lead us into the Avengers tower. We all ogle at the sight of technology- even though there wasn't much in the reception- and walk towards a young lady, holding a clipboard.

"Welcome to Stark Industries, Midtown Tech! I am Gwen, and I'll be your tour guide for today!" The smiling lady says to the students, as we approach her. "Now for the rules. Please don't touch anything, unless told you can. Please do not interrupt interns or our staff, as they are very busy people. And lastly, we don't condone bullying or any sort of fighting."

Mr. Harrington looks at Flash when Gwen mentions the last bit, looking at him as if saying, 'that means you too'.

"Now that's over with, I'll hand you all your badges, so you can enter the building properly," Gwen explains. "You'll all be getting a visitor's pass, so we can get to all of the levels for our tour. I'll call you up, one at a time. Jason State-"

Gwen continues giving the students their passes, including Peter and his two friends. Gwen the smiles and explains to them how they were going to go and see the labs, and might be able to see some interns working. She then lead the group to a large elevator, which took them up to the labs.

Once they exited the elevator, the students (and even Mr. Harrington) looked around the labs in awe. Gwen then lead them around the lab, explaining what certain people were doing, and what the experiments were for.

Gwen then turns to the group and says, "Now, I have a little surprise for you all now. We are going to meet someone special, and he's going to explain a few things to you. Now, if you'll all follow me, and not touch anything."

Gwen then lead them out of the labs and towards a secluded, more private one. They didn't get time to see who's lab it was, before they walked in and saw the person's back turned to them.

The man turns around and he smiles at the group. The whole group bursts into excitement, as they see Bruce Banner in front of them, which only meant that he would be talking to the group. Ned starts freaking out, and Peter has to divert his attention from his Science idol, to make sure his friend is okay and breathing properly (whereas MJ was just rolling her eyes at Ned). Once Ned had calmed down, they all turned their attention back to the famous scientist.

"Hello, Midtown," Bruce starts, still smiling at the group. "I'm going to be talking to you a bit about Gamma Radiation, and then be talking to you about how you could get an internship here in the future."

Peter had been taking notes the whole tour, so he was still holding his pen and pad in his arms as he listened to Bruce talk. Peter's attention is then diverted to the equation on the board beside the scientist, that Bruce had just been working on, and Peter couldn't help but notice that it was incorrect.

Peter frowns and starts working out the equation in his book, and he quickly spotted the floor in the equation. He softly chuckles, seeing how the famous Bruce Banner had wrongly added two numbers, which in turn made the whole equation wrong. He had also made the second half wrong, as he had used the wrong time of equation, which meant that the answer was wrong, even without the wrong addition.

Gwen must have heard his chuckle, and seen him looking down at his book, as she had approached him, and looked over his shoulder at his book. Her eyes widen at the sight of the equation that Peter had written, and quickly realised that he had corrected it from Banner's board.

Gwen smirks and then interrupts, "Excuse me, Doctor Banner."

Bruce smiles and asks, "Yes, Gwen? What is it?"

"It appears that your equation is wrong," Gwen announces. 

Peter's head quickly shoots up to look up at Gwen, which he had only just noticed was behind him. He shakes his head at her, pleading with her, but she simply smirks. 

"Oh?" Bruce asks, eyebrows furrowed, looking over at their tour guide.

"Yes, Mr. parker here saw your mistake and has solved it for you," Gwen explains. She then chuckles and says, "You'll kick yourself once you see it."

Bruce smiles at Peter, who was blushing from the attention, and he says, "May I see?"

Peter nods and walks to the front, and gingerly hands it to his scientist idol. Bruce looks at the equation and quickly groans, then chuckles. "Can't believe I did that. That's embarrassing," Bruce mutters. "Thank you for showing me."

"N-no problem," Peter stutters, smiling slightly at the older man.

Bruce then hands the book back to Peter and gently, and affectionately, pats Peter on the shoulder. "You'll do good in the future," Bruce says softly. "I can tell."

Peter smiles and thanks Bruce, before quickly walking back to Ned, his face still flushed. MJ and Gwen were laughing together, and Ned was staring at him in shock. "That was so cool, dude," Ned mumbles to his best friend, who simply nods.

Gwen then gains her composure, and says to the group, "Alright, guys. Let's head up to the meeting room, where we will be meeting with the rest of the Avengers." She then turns to Bruce and she asks, "Are you making your own way, or are you heading up with us?"

Bruce eyes Peter, then looks back at Gwen, and he replies, "I may as well come with you guys."

Gwen nods and starts leading the group towards the elevator, once again. Peter, MJ and Ned stay back, so they can be at the back of the group, and they continue talking. Well, more like Ned was freaking out, and Peter and MJ were listening, amused by their friend.