Chapter 2: Memories

*The next morning*

Y/n's POV:

I was walking down the sidewalk of my old neighborhood in Derry. I hear a familiar voice behind me. "Y/n?" I froze. I knew that voice. I spun around to see him, or at least how I last saw him. His magnificent blue eyes, shining brighter than ever. "I've missed you baby doll." he smiled warmly, arms open as if he was expecting a hug. Impulsively, I ran towards him and pressed my frame against his. His embrace felt comforting.

"I've missed you too, Henry." I whispered. He smelled strongly of Juicy Fruit with a hint of sweat. The scent I craved. I look back up at him expecting his blue eyes, only to be greeted with bright orange eyes. "Come home Y/n." His smile grew wide. "For 27 years, I dreamt of you. I craved you... I've missed you!"  he cackled. "Waiting for this very moment... TIME TO FLOAT!" I see Pennywise's face form over Henry's. He opens his mouth wide, lunging at me.

I jolt awake, clutching the sheets in a cold sweat. I looked at the clock. "2 am. Shit. I need to get the girls up and going." I jump out of bed and put on a t-shirt with some blue jeans. I slip on my favorite pair of vans as I open the closet door and grab my already packed suitcase. The same one I've had since I left Derry 25 years ago.

I put my suitcase with my purse on it by the top of the stairs. I go into the each of their rooms, waking them up. Sarah groans at me. "I thought we weren't waking up until 6??" I sighed. "I can't sleep. Get up now!" I snapped. Sarah glared at me through tired eyes. "Ugh, fine. Do I have time to do my makeup?" I looked at her like she was crazy. "We're going to a dank little town in Maine. If you're so worried about it, do it in the car. Just pack it with your suitcase." She rolled her eyes and grabbed her makeup case. "Make it quick too!" I say as I head to Sofia's room.

To my surprise, she was already awake. She looked up at me from her laptop. "What's up mom? I thought we weren't waking up until 6?" I furrowed my brows at her. "Why are you still up?" She laughed and turned her laptop towards me. " I'm playing the Sims!" I roll my eyes and chuckle. "Okay honey, we can't bring that with us." Her smile fell. "Why not??" she whined. "There's like no WiFi in Derry, at least none that's any good. You'll survive a week without your laptop." She groaned as I left the room to go check back on Sarah.

I peeked in, seeing her case practically stuffed with makeup. "Are you done yet sweetie?" She turns to me. "I guess." she mumbled. I went into the hall with them both and went through the checklist in my head. "A weeks worth of clothes, check. At least 1 pair of shoes, check. Cellphones, headphones, check." I look up at them. "Okay. We've got everything right?" They each hold up their bags, suitcases, and phones. "Yep!" they say in unison. "Okay! Let's go pack the car." As they went ahead of me, I felt the pit in my stomach grow.

After we finish up packing the car, the pit grew larger. I dreaded the thought of even going back. After Sarah and Sofia fight over shotgun, we all get in, and I head out the driveway. Sarah ended up shotgun, and Sofia laid in the backseat. I take deep breathes trying to calm myself. "You're okay Y/n. You're stronger than that thing is. You'll get through this. You've just gotta keep your daughter's safe."

Suddenly, I remembered someone I hadn't remembered in a long time. Someone who I left and tried to forget about. His piercing blue eyes, his dirty blonde hair. I couldn't even chew Juicy Fruit gum without thinking about him, Henry Bowers. Deep inside he still had my heart, even if I didn't want to admit it. I didn't remember much about that summer 27 years ago, but I knew I never wanted to return. I never thought in a million years that I would have to return. If anyone even mentioned Derry, I would've cussed them out. Sarah interrupted my thoughts.

"So ma, why are we going to this gross town if you hate it so much?" I sat there for a moment, contemplating what I was gonna say. "I'm just visiting some old friends, from when I was a little older than you." I smiled at the thought of seeing 'the losers' again. I hadn't spoken to any of them since I left. At the thought of Henry, I frowned slightly. My thoughts were interrupted by Sarah and Sofia's screams.

"MOM! LOOK OUT!"