1.

Tossing and Turning.

Rolling from left to right.

Groaning and moaning,

dripping with sweat!

Finally she kicked off her blanket and sat up on her bed with a groan, her skimpy sheer night wear best for summer now sticking like a second skin to her naturally fair body. Her pillow, so is her bedsheet feels damp now by the amount of salty droplets her body precipitating.

She stared at the clock on her side table while tying her jet black clammy hairs in a messy bun. It strikes 2:30 am of the night. She has a good memory of sleeping peacefully with a suitable room temperature then what's the reason of this sudden heat?

Suddenly her almond like big eyes popped their green marbles in horror.

Is she a warewolf?

Is she going to shift right now?

Oh yes! Tonight is full moon.

Well 21 isn't too old for warewolves to shift?

Or maybe she is a weak wolf that can't shift!

Or possibly she is in her heat now!

"No! No! No! I can't be a wolf! How will I tell this to everyone?" She jumped from her bed and was freaking out, pacing to and fro.

But she stopped suddenly when her eyes fell on the Air condition of her room. She narrowed her eyes to make sure she isn't imagining things. The green in her eyes sparked and her heart shaped lips stretched into a wide grin, flashing the beautiful dimple. Her Air condition was off!

"Islie maa kehti hai novels padhna kam kr de Beenish!" She chided mumbling to herself. "Kya kya veham palne lagi hai ajkl?" She slapped her head scowling.

(That's why mum says to not read novel too much, Bineesh.) ( You have started hallucinating things now!)

She sighed shaking her head before grabbing the remote from her side table and pushed the on button to open it. She stood there with her one hand on her curvaceous waist, waiting patiently for the AC to beep and the slide to split open.

She frowned staring at the AC when there was no response from it. She slapped the remote before pushing the button again; wishing for that typical Indian mechanism to work like everything they slap to repair.

"Indian bacho ki tarha ab tujhpe bhi maar ka asar nahi hota kya?" She pursed her lips in displeasure and glared at the remote and threw away in frustration. "Begairat na ho toh!" She glared the poor remote again.

(Doesn't beating work on you too anymore like the Indian kids?) (so shameless!)

She sat there pondering on what to do because her A.C won't be working until the morning. She needs to sleep, its Sunday tomorrow. The only day in a week when she could rest peacefully or else it's always her job keeping her on edge.

She can't go to her mother's room. Lubna; her younger sister and Ayan her 11 years old brother sleep there with her mother.

Asma and Reshma; the devil twin cousin sleep together and are too possessive to share their things even if somebody is dying.

Sarah; her sister-in-law was the only option left but unfortunately tonight she is out of the question because she is sharing her room with her maternal cousin ; Malaika. She is Sarah's Mamu's daughter who is a guest here for few days, hopefully.